Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Wireless Cell Phone Boosters

mrmedora

Hey fellas,

I am looking at picking up a couple wireless cell boosters. I know most here probably have one, or have had one in the past. I doubt that my provider makes any difference, but I have Verizon and an LG phone. Any recommendations?

Hey fellas,

I am looking at picking up a couple wireless cell boosters. I know most here probably have one, or have had one in the past. I doubt that my provider makes any difference, but I have Verizon and an LG phone. Any recommendations?

Are you talking about antenna extenders to get better reception?

Yep, I should have mentioned that. Would be for my vehicle. Service is spotty where I do a lot of my work is SW No Dak. Guess I've mostly heard them calles "boosters", but it would consist of a roof-top antenna as well.

Yep, I should have mentioned that. Would be for my vehicle. Service is spotty where I do a lot of my work is SW No Dak. Guess I've mostly heard them calles "boosters", but it would consist of a roof-top antenna as well.

I tried one of the small ones that go on the inside of the windshield with suction cups. Don't waste the $30.

Check out cell phone antenna amplifiers.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/185845/the_wilson_sleek_an_affordable_cell_phone_signal_booster.html
The Wilson Sleek: An Affordable Cell Phone Signal Booster
Allegedly, this has good reviews compared to others... Not sure if it works with the phone your speaking about though for what it's worth...
185845-wilsonsleek_180.jpg

http://reviews.cnet.com/cell-phone-and-smart/wilson-electronics-sleek/4505-6448_7-34047376.html

The bad: The Wilson Sleek doesn't securely accommodate the smallest cell phones and it won't support Nextel or overseas GSM networks.

The bottom line: The Wilson Sleek is easy to use and performs well. Just make sure that it supports your phone.

Review:
Our problem with Wilson Electronics' cell phone signal boosters has never been their performance--they actually work quite well--but rather with their complicated and clunky setup. Though the company's Mobile Professional Amplifier Kit from 2008 was relatively compact, we're more used to products like the Wireless Amplifier Cradle Kit that involve a few parts.

Luckily, Wilson continues to evolve. Three months ago at CES, the company showed its new Sleek Cell Phone Signal Booster that offers a compact design for in-car use. It consists only of a small amplifier/cradle, a power adapter for your car's cigarette lighter, ..

Read more: http://reviews.cnet.com/cell-phone-...sleek/4505-6448_7-34047376.html#ixzz1JnOn3QIk

Last edited:
Thanks Styles, A neighbor of mine recommended a Wilson as well. I'll have to check one out next time I'm in town to see which one would be compatable with the phone I use. Not sure if I will go with the cradle type, or one I've seen online that has a bar you can mount on your dash, your visor, or just to the bottom of your roof.

thanks again.

Thanks Styles, A neighbor of mine recommended a Wilson as well. I'll have to check one out next time I'm in town to see which one would be compatable with the phone I use. Not sure if I will go with the cradle type, or one I've seen online that has a bar you can mount on your dash, your visor, or just to the bottom of your roof.

thanks again.

Which ever one you decide to go with, let us know how it goes.

I use the one made by wilson electronics. Has an antena that magnets on top of the pick up, wires running to a little blue box, and another to the phone. Runs on the cig lighter. Makes a huge difference where I am. One tip if you get this one, don't leave it pluged in, sucks the battery in the pick up dead in a day when the rig isn't being run.

Hey fellas,

After some research and at the recommendation of Styles and nbell I bought the Wilson setup. It seems to be just the ticket for me. The installation was super simple. I did buy it at a local retailer while I was in Bismarck, so I paid a little more versus buying it on ebay, but figured the service there would be helpful if need be. I would recommend one to anyone as a supplement, but none are a "cure-all".

Thanks again,
Scott

I had a small portable suction cup model that worked for couple years,then quit.Wilson.Might get another.
My Verizon @ the ranch, cell and wifi WAS working good til a year ago. Got up to 10g to get dropped calls.
Just ordered a home system from Cellular Solutions,pricey but buddy with a business he runs from remote home/across country has it and swears by it.he Wilson while on the road.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back