Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Winchester XPR: Good Rifle?

LandDiver

Morning Everyone!

Need to know is Winchester's XPR rifles are good? Looking at one in a 7mm-08. By the way Cabela's having an amazing sale right now!

I don't know if they are good or not, but they are the same as the Browning AB3, slight differences in stock, but everything else is the same. A friend has the browning version and he says his is a shooter in 308.

I have been around 2 of them and both shot lights out. As a long time model 70 guy they make me cringe but this type of rifle is quickly becoming the standard course for production. ie. Tikka, Ruger American, Browning AB3

Thank you. I was really interested because they were on sale for $359 IIRC, and it was in Vias camp pattern. So I was really excited. I went down to Cabela's with my son and it was crazy. Lines and pulling numbers wasn't for me at that moment. Not knowing anything about rifles I honestly felt like I would have wasted their time considering the amount of people there.

I'll keep reading and learning though. Thanks for listing the similar rifles. I'll read up on those and see if I can spot any differences between the XPR and Model 70.

I picked up one of those Vias camoed ones during that sale in 300 WSM...simply because I don't own a 30 cal rifle yet and it was a good deal. Quality seems to be very good. Better than my Rem 700 anyway...I don't own any high end rifles.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back