Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Win a hunt!

So...

I have to pay to get to the hunt....Which is more than the tag...
You sell hundreds of DVD's to way cover the cost of a tag....
It's only a tag that is covered...
I can't drink or smoke a cigar on the hunt....
You get a free TV show out of the deal...
No more free badass stuff, I have to buy a DVD now?
The prize prices seem a bit inflated....
Odds seem to be pretty good I have to say....

So in the end I'm paying $30 for chance to get a less than $900 tag and having to pay to get to the hunt or getting used "other" prizes?

I have to agree...the odds are good...but hmm....I'l have to think it over a bit....

So...

So in the end I'm paying $30 for chance to get a less than $900 tag and having to pay to get to the hunt or getting used "other" prizes?

I have to agree...the odds are good...but hmm....I'l have to think it over a bit....

It sure sounds like a great deal to me, I'm not sure why you would have to "think it over"...
But I guess a hunt on DIY public lands with good company just isn't enough for some people.
You think about it and I will win it... deal?:D

So...
I can't drink or smoke a cigar on the hunt.....I'l have to think it over a bit....
Yes but you will get to live longer!:D

I thought it over for a bit, then paid for the DVD's, it would be the only valid excuse my wife would accept if i drew for a revisit to Montana after my up coming trip.
Only this time i wouldn't have to pay for a NR tag, what's not to like?

Thanks for the offer Randy

Cheers

Richard

It sure sounds like a great deal to me, I'm not sure why you would have to "think it over"...
But I guess a hunt on DIY public lands with good company just isn't enough for some people.
You think about it and I will win it... deal?:D

I like this..... I can do without a beer I suppose for a couple of nights too be in great company....
Matt

Would these hunts be suitable for a handicap Hunter in a wheelchair? I shot my first bear this year and am wanting to try more hunting.

Would these hunts be suitable for a handicap Hunter in a wheelchair? I shot my first bear this year and am wanting to try more hunting.

It is for this reason that we stated the winner could pick an antelope hunt, if that is their preference. The elk hunts on public land would be impractical as a mobility impaired hunt, barring a drawing of one of the mobility impaired tags in a unit in NM. If you are the winner, we would surely apply you for one of those tags. Or, you could do an antelope hunt; a hunt I think would have a far greater likelihood of success.

Point being, we would figure out a way to make it work, somehow, somewhere, for some species.

So, with the no alcohol and tobacco restriction, I can't have a beer by the fire at night off camera, or a chew in my lip when not filming?

I was pretty sure I was going to win this...until I read the rules! lol no way can I go without my copehagen! Still might buy a dvd though.

So...

I will have to say, you don't have to do this. I also don't see a problem at all with no drinking or tobacco use, if you have to do that, then this hunt probably isn't for you.

As for the "no more free badass stuff, I have to buy a DVD now?" comment....man, I ain't gonna lie to you, that strikes me as ungrateful. He doesn't have to give ANYTHING away, so to be upset that he wants to get something in return to cover his costs and promote his show?

"You get a free TV show out of the deal"....Do ya think Randy has a hard time finding someone to hunt with on his show? I see him taking a big chance on getting some knucklehead who snores out of this thing....or worse.

No idea where you live in MN, but from Mpls to Bozeman it is roughly 1,000 miles. At 15 mpg and $3 gas, that comes out to $400, not close to the price of the tag.

The way I see it, the $30 is well worth it for the DVDs. Anything extra (a chance to win a prize) is just icing on the cake. Maybe I am a little upset over my poor wood duck shooting skills tonight (man, are they acrobats!), but this post just rubbed me the wrong way. If this isn't a good deal for you, just don't do it.

I normally don't win anything, except for a cruise one time and a tv. But anyway, if someone wins who can't go or not interested, pm me for my contact information and you're more than welcome to transfer the prize over to me!
Heck, the second place prizes is better than most grand prize contests!

I was going to buy the DVD anyway since I don't get Sportsmans channel here. Now I get a chance to go hunting? BOOM
I do have to say I make Sitka gear look good if that helps AND shooting many bullets makes for exciting television.

Bought the DVDs and a couple stickers. One chance will have to be all for me, I don't have any friends I like well enough to get them a $30 Christmas present :eek:

I know I'm an idiot. What's the date of the hunt? Or months you can hunt the animals? My big brothers a hunter of bigger game and he would like this hunt. And I want to see this Big Fin guy deal with his bad luck when he has a shot. We call him blackcloud. I bet he strangles him before the shows over:D

I just wanted to say thank you to Fin for this great opportunity and I can't believe that there are people out there that are so selfish. People need to just sit back and think about how this could be a win win for everyone and maybe Randy will be able to make a little extra money to be able to put in for all of his draw opportunities for many years to come. I believe that On Your Own Adventures and Fresh Tracks have been the most educational hunting shows on TV and I look forward to many more years of Randy's adventures. Thank you Randy for keeping it "Real" and good luck to all!!

I just wanted to say thank you to Fin for this great opportunity and I can't believe that there are people out there that are so selfish. People need to just sit back and think about how this could be a win win for everyone and maybe Randy will be able to make a little extra money to be able to put in for all of his draw opportunities for many years to come. I believe that On Your Own Adventures and Fresh Tracks have been the most educational hunting shows on TV and I look forward to many more years of Randy's adventures. Thank you Randy for keeping it "Real" and good luck to all!!
+1 Like:)

I had an awesome elk hunt this year in NM and it was Randy who helped make that happen. He took time out of his day (way more than he should have) to talk to me over the phone and point me in the right direction. Everything he said was spot on. For that reason alone I'm more than glad to purchase the DVD. The chance to win a hunt with him is just a bonus. I've got one on the way and will be ordering a few more before Christmas. I want to win this thing real bad!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back