Wimpy Wyo Bull

krshunter

Feel bad even posting this little guy after seeing some of the monsters others have posted on here but it's my first bull. Got to hunt elk with my dad for the first time in about 12 years and it was two years to the day since losing my mom so it was kind of a special hunt. Nice little 5x5 with lots of meat on him. One shot at 326 yds. with a 168 grain Barnes XLC from a Kimber 8400 in .300WSM.

Attachments

• 100_0201Large Web.jpg
    100_0201Large Web.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 359
Congrats on the first of what's hopefully many!
I would have loved to share an elk with my father before he passed!

Thats still a fine bull, all those others are dream bulls so dont worry, we still love pictures of bulls like yours!

Thanks guys. You really are a great bunch. I wasn't disappointed at all. Could have gone home empty. More than horns made it a great hunt. Especially having it hung in the garage by 10:00 opening morning. hump

Nothinng wrong with that bull!!! I nwould havew shot his asss just about anywhere!!! I will bet a case of beer that he was not by any means wimpy by the tim you got him packed out!! Congrats on a very nice 1st bull!!

Nice bull! And shot!! I'm glad someone is posting a picture of a normal size bull. I was starting to think I better find a new place to check out the elk hunting reports cause these guys make a guy feel inferior. Every day another monster or record! Now (if)when my niece gets one in 10 days I'll feel better about posting a picture of a normal bull. Does anyone shoot cows here? Maybe I'll be the first to post a picture of one this season. :)

Huge Congrats to you! You should be very proud. All those factors combined I'm sure make this hunt all the better. I hope to help my dad take his first bull this year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back