Will inflation affect your hunts?

Will inflation affect your hunts this fall?

• Not at all, not really an issue for me

Votes: 57 31.8%
  • Not at all I will make sacrifices in other areas

Votes: 32 17.9%
  • A little here and there but not much

Votes: 53 29.6%
  • It will definitely impact the amount and types of hunts

Votes: 37 20.7%

• Total voters
I got friends who run all over the place all weekend. 3 trips out to different or same stores. I dont stress over daily gas money but I do try to plan a bit ahead and pick up things as I go by the stores as I drive by them during the work week. I figure a minimal bit of planning saves me a tank of gas in my Silverado a month. Small things like planning my grocery list around deals at the store help me pay for hunting and fishing. Now mind that if I get a hanker’n for a ribeye steak I might just make a special trip for one that aint on sale….. I try and cut out things that I wont miss much to start with.

Yes the cost of everything is up it wont make a difference for Tam and I tho at 59 dont have much debt just the house an we arent big spenders we live below our means so the extra spnt on hunting wont effect much but deff will be watching every penny
we prob will plant a bigger garden this yr that will help

It will impact the 3,000 mile trip between AK and MT, especially
where gas will be more expensive in Canada (likely $2 per liter)
Once in MT, I plan to camp out more and extend hunts more, even for upland birds and ducks.

The big expense of my hunting season are already purchased, or fixed. So won’t change much for me. But probably will be more conscientious about car pooling with the HP when headed out together. Usually we drive separate and meet up there.

local fuel cost just jumped .80 to 4.79 for diesel. ouch... we know it is getting worse

It’s looking like it especially after todays sleepy joe message to the American people. After telling my wife last week that we can’t afford to build and move this year because what was going to cost us around $200k two years ago is now around $500k, I’m looking at canceling my elk hunting plan this year. I may go in and change my app and just do OTC if things get better.

fuel could really make a impact on a 3000 mile trip from ore to say n m or colo or wy,,,but gotta draw the tag first,,gonna go for some a bit harder to draw the further away they are,yet odds are already slim,,putting in for n m in next few days with slim odds anyway.

I might get an archery mule deer tag this year. I have young kids but the wife and I both work lucky she doesn’t spend any money. I pay most the bills and she saves all her money. The current administration is failing every American gas went up .80 cents in a week wtf I drive 400-600 miles a week for work. It won’t stop me from hunting one bit. I should get a cow tag might get antelope and have a chance on bull and mule deer buck. Good luck to all of you war is coming it’s only going to get worse probably like the 70s pretty quick hopefully not the 40s.

Absolutely it will. Combine near double digit inflation, supply chain issues, and now interest rate hikes, and residential construction will get pounded. Makes it awful hard to disappear, in Sept, Oct, and hope as winter sets in, work will be there.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9TXS
Back