Will inflation affect your hunts?

Will inflation affect your hunts this fall?

• Not at all, not really an issue for me

Votes: 57 31.8%
  • Not at all I will make sacrifices in other areas

Votes: 32 17.9%
  • A little here and there but not much

Votes: 53 29.6%
  • It will definitely impact the amount and types of hunts

Votes: 37 20.7%

• Total voters
If I draw Wyoming tags, my cost will go up a couple hundred dollars. If not, I do 90% of my hunting within 10 miles of home, so it won't affect much. Fishing on the other hand might hit hard. Boat gas (for offshore fishin) will tear a hole in your pocket quick.

If I draw Wyoming tags, my cost will go up a couple hundred dollars. If not, I do 90% of my hunting within 10 miles of home, so it won't affect much. Fishing on the other hand might hit hard. Boat gas (for offshore fishin) will tear a hole in your pocket quick.
FIL doesn't fish much bomut has a pontoon on the lake. I'd imagine recreational boaters like him who buy gas on the lake are gonna scale it back.

Already planning a few fishing trips for the year. I dont think my plan will change. I will do more side jobs of detailing cars and baking some cheesecakes to levy the difference.

Thought about it some more and yes it will. Not directly though I can make up for the extra $1,200 in fuel. (That's at current prices) it'll be the daily commute and the groceries which are f#ckin nuts that cause us to scale back on things like an additional hunting trip or family vacation. We likely won't take the kids to the on our normal long holiday weekend to the hotel with pool fun park etc. Instead we'll probably just go to great grandma's house just to get out of town for a few days in place of that. Same with hunting I'll still make my trip west but I probably won't make near as many day or weekend trips a few hours away to hunt and fish as I normally would.

I'm going to do my best to turn my hunts into multi-state combos if all possible. I try to do that anyway, but I definitely need to with these gas prices.

Won't hurt my hunts cuz I pry won't draw enough tags for it to matter anyways🤣🤣. But I am glad I bought higher end optics last year and didn't wait

Mileage points affects my hunts.
Since I didn't draw an AZ elk tag I planned on Adak Alaska caribou as my OTC option.
However, this morning as I went to purchase the flights for my wife and I, they wanted 60k points round-trip each....120k points.
I have enough points but I prefer to get my round-trip flights for 25k.
So I'm going to Kodiak instead for 25k each.
I've been to Adak several times for 25k so I'll just wait until they offer a better deal.

I’m going to try and focus on quality over quantity to squeeze more out of my hunting time. Also, trying to be more efficient about hunting closer to home. If anything, an excuse to get ahead on house projects and spend more time with my kids.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9TXS
Back