Wildlife/livestock water project.

hank4elk

I finally pulled the windmill system & installed the solar water system on my place. Only took 8 yrs LOL.
Love the windmill but it was installed poorly & has always had problems every year or 2. It is now the "Leaning Tower of Pie Town". It got to be real expensive to have it worked on & I am too smart & old to climb that tower anymore.
Had the solar system for a while & decided to do it now. Between storms & thaw & dry out to get down there.
This well is excellent & the only year round water in the area, when it is running. It was the only thing here when I bought, besides the fence around my place. It is what sold me on buying here. The quality of the water is the best I have ever had. 46deg year round,crystal clear & tests excellent.
Drinker & tank never went dry in the 3 months it was down this winter. It supplies water for livestock & wildlife on my land, the neighbors & the surrounding thousands of acres of BLM & State Trust Lands. Most of the other ranches in this area only have water when they have livestock on it.
Just in time for spring. Pumping 5GPM, overflowing the drinker & stock tank, flowing overland down the stream bed. Elk & antelope heaven. Rio likes it too.
Just have the enclosure to build now before it gets wrecked...lol

Attachments

• IMG_0244.JPG
    IMG_0244.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0131.JPG
    IMG_0131.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0227.JPG
    IMG_0227.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0243.JPG