Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Wildife Task force 90-10, etc.

Serious question. So if 90/10 DEA won't come from the task force where does it come from? Legislation or just handled by G&F? Just curious.

Serious question. So if 90/10 DEA won't come from the task force where does it come from? Legislation or just handled by G&F? Just curious.
My opinion: if it doesn't come from the task force, it doesn't happen anytime in the near future(5 years). I just can't say never.
How does that help? Is it to increase random odds?
It puts all applicants in the game for all tags in a random draw.

He was there in person and a lot of what happens is discussed when the cameras aren't rolling. 90-10 for deer, elk, and pronghorn is not going to be a task force recommendation.

I don't see much else coming from the task force with the exception of maybe converting preference points to squared bonus points.
No matter who recommends it / approves it, any idea when it would really happen? I sure don't want to find out I should have used my points in 2022 because in 2023 they cut the tag numbers for the units I want and make it take 14 points vs 9 lets say. Any info or opinion would help Buzz.... Thanks !

No matter who recommends it / approves it, any idea when it would really happen? I sure don't want to find out I should have used my points in 2022 because in 2023 they cut the tag numbers for the units I want and make it take 14 points vs 9 lets say. Any info or opinion would help Buzz.... Thanks !
Then why hold onto points? Just hunt now? What is we get a bad winter more drought and they cut tags for that? Or the unit they want they decide to change management numbers and cut tags?

I’m in agreement with Greenhorn. Why even allow NR to buy licenses in Wyoming?

As a NR, I have no vote in how you set your laws and regulations. The only way I can vote is with my wallet.

When you start advocating for eliminating reduced price cow/calf licenses, pray tell why a NR would purchase a full price one in areas where they’re currently available over the counter and never sell out?

While this news isn't the most exciting news I've heard today, I will continue to spend money applying in WY. Year-to-date, I've killed 14 or 15 times the amount of antelope in Wyoming than in my home state. As a NR, all I can do is thank Wyoming, and its residents, for being so generous in sharing their animals with us NRs!

If I could talk my wife into moving across the state line, I'd tell all you NRs to go hunt somewhere else! ;)

As the world turns…
Task Force meeting today, have been zooming as able between appts and chores. Regionalized resident mule deer approach has significant steam there, and did at season setting meetings on the west side.
Also discussion around further splitting out WT/MD tag opportunities.

I listened in and off as well today. What's the deal with the land owner license cap and grandfathering in? I missed the part where it was initially discussed.

I listened in and off as well today. What's the deal with the land owner license cap and grandfathering in? I missed the part where it was initially discussed.
The cap: discussion around capping the number of landowner licenses on a percentage of total available or some other metric.

Grandfathering in re: if they change the minimum acreage for landowner tags, do previous qualifiers get grandfathered in or not.

As several members and public pointed out, there was a whole lot of muddying the water and misunderstanding about the difference between damage claims and landowner licenses.

JM was there he could fill in the details better I’m sure.

I don’t know if it was mentioned explicitly, but going regional for residents would dump a can of gas on the 90/10 DEA discussion in a way that I don’t think that issue is ready for.

Anyone know any specifics on what this would entail?
It sounded like you would have to choose a region when hunting on a general tag, but could hunt any general area within that region. I think the idea was to spread out pressure and limit hunters from hunting all over the state, although it sounds like hunters do that less than what they originally thought. I'm probably leaving something out.

Unintended consequences of promoting western hunting has quickly turned things into the kings deer. A lot of people are getting exactly what they deserve, normal hunters are the ones left behind.
Last I checked, it still costs more to fill my wife's little car with gas than it costs for a NR doe tag here. I don't know where this "kings deer" and pricing the regular guy out rhetoric keeps coming from.

Last I checked, it still costs more to fill my wife's little car with gas than it costs for a NR doe tag here. I don't know where this "kings deer" and pricing the regular guy out rhetoric keeps coming from.
Is a doe considered the kings deer? Congrats on the Prius!! Was wyoming too generous with bighorn tags probably, if this western hunting movement hadn’t started would it be an issue, probably not. It will spill to all states all species and that doe for the peasant will be once in a lifetime.

Thanks Snowy, appreciate it. It will be interesting to follow along, especially as it relates to G now and in the future.

Is a doe considered the kings deer? Congrats on the Prius!! Was wyoming too generous with bighorn tags probably, if this western hunting movement hadn’t started would it be an issue, probably not. It will spill to all states all species and that doe for the peasant will be once in a lifetime.
Your making no sense.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back