Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Wild elk?

mtmiller

Well I just got back from a few days in Yellowstone. Even in the middle of the week there are too many folks for me, but my two buddies had never been there and we had a pretty good time anyway. Here are a few elk we saw.

This guy was just a couple of yards off the road and was creating quite a traffic jam.
WY_vacation_012.sized.jpg

This guy stayed in the trees, but was pretty good.
WY_vacation_013.sized.jpg

We found this bull dead in the river. He was pretty nice and there was talk of a midnight run, but decided it was not worth the risk. By this time he has probably flowed down the river far enough to be obvious from the road. I would guess some one will try to get him home.
WY_vacation_016.sized.jpg

These pics were shot with a new camera and they took along time to download becasue of the original size. Hopefully this won't cause them to take forever to view. I now have the camera formatted correctly.

AWSOME pics MTMILLER too bad that bull was in the park. That would be a nice find to put on the wall. I am sure there was a ranger hiding in the woods keeping an eye on you as you were handeling him...

MTMiller,

Great pictures. What kind of camera did you go for? They look great at screen resolution.

The top picture has an optical illusion, kind of, where that black spot at the end of his Left antler looks like a shadow from the right antler, meaning his antlers are crossed. (Does that make any sense?)

Great pics MT...But the wat that bull looks in the river,,I don't think I would be standing there
drool.gif
biggrin.gif
Does the words Pirrhana(sp) comes to mind
eek.gif
eek.gif
biggrin.gif
Just kidding..

Hunterman(Tony)

Back