Wicked cool mule deer hunt video

Great video and just a silly amount of big deer they’ve been involved with

I must be in the minority here as he's just unwatchable for me. He seems like a nice guy and I've tried REALLY hard to like his content but the amount of over dramatization and glorification of the hunt from him is just too much to take. The first minute of that video is all I could watch. And his stupid red hat is just too much for me.

And I don't get the "he's such a great deer hunter" line. He's driving gravel roads glassing giant deer in canola fields. Yea he's a deer fanatic and puts in a ton of time. I'll give him credit for that but it's a mecca for the guys living there with good land access. Send him on a public land hunt in the Custer and let's see how great he is. I'd take a lot of guys on this forum over him.

Damn I must be cranky tonight.

I also don’t like most hunting shows. He does a great job capturing the hunt, has the right personality, and puts a ton of effort into it. He earned my respect when he shot that first giant and wouldn’t strip the velvet to get the world record. You guys are so spoiled up there as far as hunting/fishing. I hope you know that. 😂

I can’t help but think his wife wished she shot the buck the first year, so she wouldn’t have to deal with her husband being a douche for the next half decade.

Consoling your crying husband over a pile of deer bones has to be a low point of marriage satisfaction.

I've still never cried over a dead deer though.
Me either. But I can’t say I’ve hunted a 250 class buck for 5 years in a row either. Some people’s emotions are wired different. I don’t think it was acting. Who knows.

If anybody has a better hunting video to share - please link it here. I’ve personally never seen a better one.

I must be in the minority here as he's just unwatchable for me. He seems like a nice guy and I've tried REALLY hard to like his content but the amount of over dramatization and glorification of the hunt from him is just too much to take. The first minute of that video is all I could watch. And his stupid red hat is just too much for me.

And I don't get the "he's such a great deer hunter" line. He's driving gravel roads glassing giant deer in canola fields. Yea he's a deer fanatic and puts in a ton of time. I'll give him credit for that but it's a mecca for the guys living there with good land access. Send him on a public land hunt in the Custer and let's see how great he is. I'd take a lot of guys on this forum over him.

Pretty harsh for somebody who claims to have watched one minute of a 2 hour hunting video. I’d watch it a second time. The flick has so little to do with “how great he is.”

Last edited:
I've still never cried over a dead deer though.
I'd like to say that but if I would of harvested my 200+ inch public land nemesis after chasing him for six years, my wife probably would of cried more than me cause of the amount of time I devoted to that deer. Lol. but I probably would of shed a few tears to. That deer gave me nightmares cause I thought about it so much. It was the low point of my hunting life tho looking back, but in the end gave me a better perspective as i evaluated what I was actually doing out there and why.

As for the video I thought it was well done. Embarrassment of riches up there tho. Good grief!

I wish he would post his film The King and I. I would almost bet that film is just as good as this one.

I'm a Nate Simmons fan. Like the high-country mule deer hunts he's done. I also like the Lucas Sterling videos of some of the MD he's harvested (I know that there is a lot of controversy around him and his poaching scandal). That being said, the deep snow, high country mule deer hunt is probably the hunt I look most forward to every year. Plus his videos don't have all the seal team six, tipi, poor me, I worked so hard stuff. My 2 cents...

I'm a Nate Simmons fan. Like the high-country mule deer hunts he's done. I also like the Lucas Sterling videos of some of the MD he's harvested (I know that there is a lot of controversy around him and his poaching scandal). That being said, the deep snow, high country mule deer hunt is probably the hunt I look most forward to every year. Plus his videos don't have all the seal team six, tipi, poor me, I worked so hard stuff. My 2 cents...
Nate Simmons is just like the rest of them - buddy used to film for him and can confirm first hand he is a blow hard.

I don't watch a lot of videos anymore, but am a fan of Billy Molls:

I can’t help but think his wife wished she shot the buck the first year, so she wouldn’t have to deal with her husband being a douche for the next half decade.

Consoling your crying husband over a pile of deer bones has to be a low point of marriage satisfaction.
Loved the vid and pry the best mule deer vid I've watched! And ya the only part that I felt was cringe was the dead buck he found and crying to his wife.. but wow a awesome video and like someone else said jus telling the whole story. That other buck he found and didn't go after. WOW

Loved the video. They did a great job telling the story. However, the last 10min were tough. I have no problem with his emotion. It is nice to see. My issue is with the shot. Maybe he should have stood up. The arrow had a strange path and I'm not sure sure if it got deflected. I understand wanting to capture the reaction as close to the moment as possible, but the comment like "Why is there a foot in the air..." maybe should have been cut out.

I stopped it before I got through the intro alone other than skipping around as it's 2 hours long...I mean come on...6-12 minutes of real content I bet. These new YT "film" makers pretty much all the same IMO. I guess I just prefer the highlights of a hunt and not drama and crying...I never got to that part thank goodness.... :)

oldbutrealdumb - 6-12 minutes of content? You have a solid spot as the new village idiot here.
Another name caller....typical for your type of HT'er I guess lately...I'm glad you like 2 hours of useless content..more power to you. Just because someone does not agree with you that makes them an idiot? WOW...move on man...go watch it a 3rd time maybe.

To most hunters killing the big one is like a 1 night stand. This was more like a long-term relationship. Many think that earning an animal means applying for a tag for several years. I have never cried after killing an animal but if someone else does, that is their business.
When the pain of actually accomplishing your goal and knowing that the game is over, equals the joy, that is as good as it gets.

Another name caller....typical for your type of HT'er I guess lately...I'm glad you like 2 hours of useless content..more power to you. Just because someone does not agree with you that makes them an idiot? WOW...move on man...go watch it a 3rd time maybe.
U can't talk either lol. If that's all you watched of it. Perty good video man

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back