Yeti GOBOX Collection

Wicked cool mule deer hunt video

What will make you real mad is these bucks are just across the border. The Canadians still get to hunt plenty it seems as well. Really no reason MT couldn't have that kind of quality.

Yeah but they don’t get to hunt six weeks of rifle during the rut either. I bet those Saskatchewan boys wished they could shoot forkies every year with a rifle on an OTC tag.

I’m going to follow a Montana deer from birth til death. I will look for a fawn in our alfalfa fields in 3 weeks. Video will post either this winter or the following. I’m inspired.
“This is the story of forky, An epic tale spanning his birth in may and his death by rifle 17 months later. Just like his father and brothers before him, he never had a chance.”

What will make you real mad is these bucks are just across the border. The Canadians still get to hunt plenty it seems as well. Really no reason MT couldn't have that kind of quality.
This is so true. I have a Canadian friend that shows me pictures of numerous 200” muleys every year within 10 miles of the border. Literally 1 mile from the border vs the MT side is the difference between a well managed limited entry unit and a hard hit general unit.

Yeah but they don’t get to hunt six weeks of rifle during the rut either. I bet those Saskatchewan boys wished they could shoot forkies every year with a rifle on an OTC tag.
Cwd management, Montana had the insight for 50 years on how to manage deer to prevent it. Hell some even did an advertising campaign to bring more pressure to our wildlife. Just think about how bad it could be.E94D698B-63AA-4486-B457-7AE5CF3F97DE.jpeg

I'm not a huge hunting host guy but I will a say this whoever thinks guy can't hunt and says let's see what public does for him is fkn high.

Southern Saskatchewan is basically wide open for any one. So wtf is the difference, the pressure is the difference.

Saskatchewan probably has the most sound management system in the world for producing trophy class mule deer and whitetails

He has such an incredible level of patience and discipline to be able to hunt the caliber of deer he's taken. Most people would literally cream their shorts, shit their pants and pass out all at the same time. When they even attempted a stalk a deer of that caliber or any of them. That guy is about as calm and clean as I've ever seen.

Let's not forget he almost always hunts with a bow and he also produces giants for others. His level of commitment is of the highest caliber.

I'm not a huge hunting host guy but I will a say this whoever thinks guy can't hunt and says let's see what public does for him is fkn high.

Southern Saskatchewan is basically wide open for any one. So wtf is the difference, the pressure is the difference.

Saskatchewan probably has the most sound management system in the world for producing trophy class mule deer and whitetails

He has such an incredible level of patience and discipline to be able to hunt the caliber of deer he's taken. Most people would literally cream their shorts, shit their pants and pass out all at the same time. When they even attempted a stock on a deer of that caliber or any of them. That guy is about as calm and clean as I've ever seen.

Let's not forget he almost always hunts with a bow and he also produces giants for others. His level of commitment is of the highest caliber.
Easier to stay calm when you hunt private that no one else is.

No doubt there are some giant deer in that video, and great for him for being able to hunt them. I would too if I could. His gross obsession with "Sleepy" (I hate naming animals you hunt) and with deer in general, as well as his intense emotions just turns me off. Not to mention road hunting private ag fields. Canoeing after the deer though was cool. I'd watch it again just to see the big bucks, but other than that, just not my cup of tea.

Bet you can count on one hand the people that have produced multiple bucks over 230 that's just your normal average guy. Not someone buying gov tags either.

288 at 10 yards. He passed up the WW for this buck because of the velvet he wouldn't strip for a clean score. He had no intentions of ever altering the buck.

1683858873408.png

Shit in the beginning of the video he and his wife pass the buck in the end because of the age and potential he had. And that time that buck was probably 200 inches at that point. No one fkn does that......

It was a great video. I have l had that many years of history with a few bucks, but have never tried and failed that many years.
Only one question. Why did he not take the shed and match it up to the dead buck. Would have know right away that the dead buck was not Sleepy.

I agree. I don't know if I can find any pictures, but my Grandfather, Father and Uncle took some great deer in the North of Montana. mtmuley
Somewhere I've got a photo of my dad as a 5 y/o with a buck my grandpa shot in the mid 50's. I'd be willing to bet a paycheck it went 200" +. Asked dad if he knew where those antlers ended up and he told me "probably in the same coulee that the guts ended up in, grandpa never saved antlers. I can guarantee you that wasn't the biggest deer he ever shot either." The highline must of been a hell of a place in the 50's and 60's.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
malaskabound20032000@yaho
Back