Wicked cool mule deer hunt video

Great work on both the camera and the editing. Your story telling via video is excellent in both content and presentation. Well done!
Thank you so much. It would be hard to add up all the hours and effort that went into it (there is dozens of days of searching where a camera wasn’t even turned on, and literally months of editing) it would probably be depressing haha.

Sorry I’m late to the party, just found this thread. I’m the cameraman and editor for the Sleepy story (and the editor of the 39 days sheep video that was also posted in here). Appreciate the story being shared and the kind words, and also appreciate the criticism…can’t please everyone. Despite what many think, flatland hunting can be fairly challenging, it’s often easier to find them in hills and mountains. Sleepy also spent most of his life on public land. If anyone has any questions I’m happy to answer, this will likely go down as the project I’m most proud of in my career, mule deer wise. Over 1.25 million views, thrilled so many people have enjoyed it!
You’re a master at your craft. Thank you. I usually hate hunting videos. These are the best I’ve ever seen.

You’re a master at your craft. Thank you. I usually hate hunting videos. These are the best I’ve ever seen.
Thank you! The one called “The Playboy Mansion” is pretty cool if you’re into moose hunting and you enjoy seeing my heart get broken. We mostly focus on the tv side of things but have been starting to spend more time on the YouTube channel as well in a more film like style as that’s where a lot of new people can see our stories and we can tell them at whatever length works best.

I’m going to follow a Montana deer from birth til death. I will look for a fawn in our alfalfa fields in 3 weeks. Video will post either this winter or the following. I’m inspired.
I call bs the deer won’t make it a season of it’s on public and sprouts a horn

Back