Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Wicked cool mule deer hunt video

Don’t fast forward to the end for the dead buck pic, there’s numerous extra giant bucks passed up and taken during this one and the whole duration is pretty excellent about the overall obsession and hunt for this buck. In my opinion, an upper echelon hunting video from somebody who HATES 95% of them.

I will say I have a more respect for Cody than most, after he killed the potential world record archery mule deer at the time he wouldn’t strip the velvet to score it. So he never had his name in the book or the title. The guy knows big mule deer.

"I don't hunt to kill, I kill to have have hunted" 🤮 I should have stopped there.
One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted...If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it. What he is after is having to win it, to conquer the surly brute through his own effort and skill with all the extras that this carries with it: the immersion in the countryside, the healthfulness of the exercise, the distraction from his job.
Jose Ortega y Gasset, Meditations on Hunting Spanish philosopher & politician (1883 - 1955)

His wife passed this buck up, it blew up into a giant the next year, then he took over hunting it for the next 4 years.
His wife has to know he loves mule deer more than he loves her, right.
I told my GF to never ask a question she both knows and doesn't like the answer to....

Night and day difference between this video and Cam’s newest flick, IMO.

You can see the support he and his wife have for each other throughout the process of the hunts for this deer. You can also see the passion and respect that Cody has for big mule deer. He’s completely serious about the pursuit of his quarry while maintaining an ability for self-depreciation and humility.

I’d share a camp with Cody any day.

Didn't his wife say it was a once in 8ish years tag to draw? How does it he hunt the deer 4 years in a row?

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back