WI Spring Season 2016

hansontyrel

Anyone else draw for WI spring season? I drew unit 4 Season D, hunting birds with my father again for the first time in many years. Just starting a thread to hear of anyone else's luck, misfortune, to see some pictures, and hopefully hear great stories coming out of WI gobbler season.

Anyone else draw for WI spring season? I drew unit 4 Season D, hunting birds with my father again for the first time in many years. Just starting a thread to hear of anyone else's luck, misfortune, to see some pictures, and hopefully hear great stories coming out of WI gobbler season.

Just curious - how much of the state is draw only in the spring? I started my turkey hunting obsession in college in WI and my sister just moved to (near) Delafield and has a pile of birds on her (small) property and the neighboring (large) property. The neighbor is apparently very open to at least archery hunting.

seemed like a great way to have an 'enhancement' to a family visit this spring, but I haven't kept up with WI regs in a number of years.

Just curious - how much of the state is draw only in the spring? I started my turkey hunting obsession in college in WI and my sister just moved to (near) Delafield and has a pile of birds on her (small) property and the neighboring (large) property. The neighbor is apparently very open to at least archery hunting.

seemed like a great way to have an 'enhancement' to a family visit this spring, but I haven't kept up with WI regs in a number of years.

As far as I know, every zone draws both spring and fall. It looks as though this past year there were about 234,000 licenses available for the state and hunters were only 19.7% successful, meaning they shot approximately 40,000 birds. With numbers like that, it would seem nonsensical to only draw one season...

As far as I know, every zone draws both spring and fall. It looks as though this past year there were about 234,000 licenses available for the state and hunters were only 19.7% successful, meaning they shot approximately 40,000 birds. With numbers like that, it would seem nonsensical to only draw one season...

Thanks, hanson. I just took a peek @ the WIDNR site (easier than I remember it to navigate). Seems there are plenty of leftovers. None for the first two seasons, and in my sisters unit (2), only the last two seasons. Guess we will plan a late May visit :)

Good luck! When I was @ Madison we hunted up near my friend's place by Wi Rapids. Was a ton of timber company land that held a lot of birds back then (mid-90s). My family is from Wausau and DoorCo and we've seen an abundance of birds in recent visits.

I'm ready! Zone 3, first season, My fiance has 3rd season. The way our land lays in conjunction with the neighboring lands, it seems the birds are here one day, gone the next. Which can be great or... you don't hear a gobble.
Looking forward to seeing some of your birds this spring!

Zone 1, time period A. I like to go as early as possible. Seems like it'll be an easy winter here. Good luck to all!

For those of you who drew turkey tags it's going to be interesting.. Since the DNR is in the middle of launching their new licensing process you cannot buy your tags online. I was also informed today by gander mountain (and later a WI DNR representative) that their system is down. They said it will be back up hopefully between the 16-18th, leftover permits start going on sale the 21st..

Good luck and consider yourself warned, this could get interesting.

I drew 1st season in Zone 1....when leftover tags go on sale I'll also pick up 3rd, 4th, 5th, and maybe 6th. I think I may have a addiction! :) I also predict the new system will crash on the 21st.

For those of you who drew turkey tags it's going to be interesting.. Since the DNR is in the middle of launching their new licensing process you cannot buy your tags online. I was also informed today by gander mountain (and later a WI DNR representative) that their system is down. They said it will be back up hopefully between the 16-18th, leftover permits start going on sale the 21st..

Good luck and consider yourself warned, this could get interesting.

YEP! Saw that too was getting worried for a bit. Was able to get on there today and pick my tag up. Luckily they had it running before SHTF

First and second season for me and the boy. Unit 4. Was up there this weekend and got out early for a walk. Surprised I did not hear anything yet. But for some reason they don't seem to be back into the woods yet.

I live in NE Illinois and drew zone 2, period D. Very close by and lots of turkey. I fiddled around with a bow last year but doubt I'll try this year. With the late season tags I'm relegated to, they avoid dekes like the plague so I put them away, but tough to get within 15 yards. I love Wisconsin for turkey. Lots of birds, very few other hunters, cheap NR tags.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back