Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

WI bear harvested

174in

My Wife grew up in New Richmond, WI. Decent WT hunting down by Prairie Du Chien?

Yea I think there is still some decent hunting over there for deer,they really didnt get hit with the deer slaughter from the CWD era I dont think.I am not sure if that area was earn a buck for a while or not.I do know they get some very big bucks over there along the river. I had actually hunted on a MInn licences 3yrs ago in the river bottoms by New Albin and shot a nice buck that was 126" and aged at 4yrs old. New Albin is up river a little ways from Praire. If you have a boat I think you could do fair during the gun season.If you were archery hunting I doubt the easy to get to spots get hit very hard if it is anything like around home here.

This buck came from just up and across the river from Prairie. I hunted the first day all day and saw three does at 8:00 am on the second day a doe came by and 10 minutes later this buck came in on her trail grunting. 4 yr old deer but not much of a rack for his age.
MNswampbuck.jpg

Yep 760 gamemaster 30-06 that my fatherinlaw gave to my 3yr old so I put a older leupold 3-9 on it and sighted it in with 165gr accubonds I figured it would fit the bill for hunting bear over bait and it worked great.Now the gun will get cleaned up and go in the safe until the boy is big enough to handle the kickin SOB. This was my first bear thanks everyone

...exactly my first big game rifle. The Weaver K6 was no bueno so put a gloss Lupe variable on it a gifted to my son.

Beaut' of a bear 174. Congrats.

Thats a great looking bear! Did you see any grouse? Im going up to price county 1st week in november for a week of chasing them.

I did see a couple grouse. I wasnt busting much brush so if you where hunting for them I think it would be good.

Thats a dandy bear! Congrats. How many points does a non-res have to have? I thought it was 4 but maybe Im wrong if it takes 9 to get a Res tag, lol. I have 2 points now and cant wait!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back