Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Why?

Agreed terrible... is it possible though that this deer was legally shot and not recovered. From the picture it looks like it could be a mechanical broad head that didn't expand and was really far back...

Agreed terrible... is it possible though that this deer was legally shot and not recovered. From the picture it looks like it could be a mechanical broad head that didn't expand and was really far back...

Article says it's a bullet wound. Regardless, a legally harvested deer wouldn't have ended up at the Federal Building in Butte.

99.999 percent of all illegally harvested deer wouldn't end up there either.

Clearly a deplorable act by a criminal who deserves severe punishment. But let me pose a question. Do you think this deer would have been shot if it were a forkhorn? Do you think that our hunting culture's emphasize on trophy antlers put more poaching pressure on mature specimens like this? (I'm not making excuses for the killer, just raising trouble. Honest.)

Reminds me of a retired game warden I know who likes to say: "You know, some folks say I tamed Butte." Makes me laugh. Ain't NOBODY tamed Butte. (Apologies to all you Butte-ites. Tap 'er light).

Even if caught the penalties will be small just like the majority of wildlife violations. I swear I shot a clone of that buck last year in Idaho.

Looks like Butte is pretty much the same as when I was in MT.

Still, I doubt it is as bad as it is here in NM. Poor me folks feeding families(yeah, right),headhunters & just plain waste of wild game.
Neighbor rancher and I just found a gun/gut shot antelope buck right next to a tank, on the road to it,during the bow season. Tank was leaking from bullet holes. They better hope ol Cowboy Jack doesn't catch them . Then again coyotes need food too...

No need for this at all. I hope they catch the jerk who did it and they're lucky I won't be setting the penaty.

Clearly a deplorable act by a criminal who deserves severe punishment. But let me pose a question. Do you think this deer would have been shot if it were a forkhorn? Do you think that our hunting culture's emphasize on trophy antlers put more poaching pressure on mature specimens like this? (I'm not making excuses for the killer, just raising trouble. Honest.)

Not in this case, I doubt it was shot because some ass thought he'd get himself a trophy, he or she obviously had no plans to keep it. They probably saw it and said "holy shit a freakin monster" BAM! then took off like the worthless little chichenchits they are. Sound plausible?

Not in this case, I doubt it was shot because some ass thought he'd get himself a trophy, he or she obviously had no plans to keep it. They probably saw it and said "holy shit a freakin monster" BAM! then took off like the worthless little chichenchits they are. Sound plausible?

Also plausible that he full well planned on taking the head and panicked after the shot for whatever reason.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back