Why so many leftovers in CO unit 19?

4th is great as well and for similar reasons. I don’t think I would hunt 2nd or 3rd unless I was trying to kill a deer and an elk and only had a week to do it.

I can't handle 2nd and 3rd seasons anymore. Way too crowded for me. 4th season can be good if the weather is bad and the elk are down on the winter range already.

There are about 250 tags leftover for 2nd-4th rifle season, and it’s not due to the past burn, it’s been that way the past 5 years. Curious if there is any input as to why? I would think a limited draw would be more appealing than an OTC hunt but I may be wrong. Thinking about picking up a tag here but I am kind of skeptical now...
I use to live Ft Collins. 19 is pretty small unit and I use to fish the Cache La Poudre river. I'd get off work and fish till dark during summers. I was over by Walden last year and was going to come down 14 but they had it close and so no idea if it burn? I was over in unit 18 first rifle when troublesome fire start and I know it burn in Never Summer Wilderness. I drove up March this year see damage in Park. I live Black Forest and we had ours few year back.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back