PEAX Equipment

Why does it have to be this way?

Do you like traditional thanksgiving fare?

• Yes, absolutely

Votes: 98 52.7%
  • Yes, but mostly because of the tradition

Votes: 32 17.2%
  • No, but i do like the tradition of it

Votes: 13 7.0%
  • No i'd absolutely prefer other stuff. tradition be damned.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • Don't care, i'm too busy blasting forkies in montana on thanksgiving day

Votes: 18 9.7%

• Total voters
Brining the turkey has been a game changer at our house. Always found the white meat to be really boring until we started soaking it in brine over night.
For sure. I brine the turkey even if the store bought turkey says it’s pre-brined.

The white meat still sucks, even after brining. Once you go dark meat you never go back!

Well, this escalated quickly. Not going to get through 10 pages, but WTF man? Ben Franklin is rolling over in his grave right now. Mashed potatoes and green bean casserole are good. Stuffing and pumpkin pie are awesome. Furthermore, one of the greatest culinary delights in the history of man kind is hunting for some pumpkin pie under a pile of whipped cream.

I have no excuse for the store bought pie and the pork roast.
Well the Turkey got cancelled when the neighbors daughter had a heart attack Sunday. She is back at home & doing fine. TM went to Tuscon....
I did not know the pie shop would be open mid week.

I feel like such a fool.

I would be happy with Turkey, mashed potatoes with giblet gravy, cornbread dressing and heat and serve rolls With butter. I wont complain none if there's a pecan pie or some red velvet cake there as well. I don't need all that other stuff……

i think my ass is most chapped by the general unwillingness of people to ever consider doing anything besides a turkey. i bring it up every year amongst family and many of the responses are "over my dead body"

i mean come on be real, someone slaps down on the table 1) a professionally cooked prime rib and 2) a professionally smoked, fried, or oven roasted turkey and you're only allowed to eat one of them. which one are you choosing?
I think our greatest tradition for both Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner is that everybody brings something to the table. Literally. We always have turkey because I like turkey, but over the years, we have had every sort of dead animal imaginable on the menu. One year my nephew's wife decided she was a vegetarian, and even she went home full. At last count we have 23 people today and Christmas will be around 35. That's about as much variety of eats anybody can handle.

What’s the drink of choice for hunttalkers on thanksgiving ? Turkey is edible if washed down by an icy cold Miller lite
A very nice White Burgundy (French Chardonnay - none of that butter-y Merkan crap) with dinner.

Contrary to what I posted yesterday, it has been decreed by SWMBO that I am not making my turkey croquetas until tomorrow - we are having a traditional meal (albeit with the turkey smoked rather than roasted) this evening.

Wife is baking a 24# bird with all the trimmings. She has a 75 year old recipe handed down through her family. Unbelievably delicious. I'm going to eat turkey sandwiches until I explode.
I don't care what the pilgrims ate. I want TURKEY!!🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃

Have you ever been to a Thanksgiving ren·dez·vous ? That's what Thanksgiving is. When we gather to give thanks, The days meal has become a smorgasbord of favorites. I love tradition but I really love the thoughts behind a favorite.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back