PEAX Equipment

Why do you hunt?

seeth07

A non-hunting lady friend of ours asked a simple question the other day in a somewhat snarky way that has had my mind going ever since.

"Why do you always go hunting everywhere you go? Do you really like killing poor innocent creatures that much?"

I don't want to drag this out too in depth but rather thought about trying something rather quick and easy.

In less than 10 words, respond to this:

I HUNT BECAUSE ...

For me: ... of tradition, self fulfillment and companionship.

Last edited:
1. It’s legal to be a predator and kill stuff! Humans were meant to hunt!
2. I love the taste of wild meat!
3. The most important reason is it gets me outdoors with my wife and daughters. The best memories I have with my girls were made in a tree stand or on a river somewhere. I’ve forgotten a lot of things from my past, but I can still take you to the exact point both my girls killed there first deer!

I didn’t grow up in a hunting family. Actually my parents tried pretty hard to turn me away from it when I was younger until they realized that my drive and stubbornness for the outdoors was much greater than their desire to turn me away from it. Once I had hit that point they were pretty supportive of it but never did go along with me. I was lucky to grow up 30 miles from town at the junction of two creeks that I could wander up and down all the time when I was younger. If I had grown up in town I doubt I would have had the drive for hunting I do. Hunting is something I think about all day everyday. I can be driving down the interstate and be picking out areas I’d like to coyote call, areas that would make a good snare or trap location, natural coyote dispersal routes. Besides my family hunting has been the major driver in what jobs I’ve picked. I’ve turned down way higher paying jobs that would have taken me to states with not so desirable hunting. Hunting has always been the major driver in my life. The preseason planning is almost as exciting for me as the hunting itself. I don’t have to be the shooter I just like going along. I get just as excited when someone else shoots something when I’m with than when I do.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back