Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Why all the 6.5 CM hate?

I don't know of any reasons not to like it within its weight class so to speak. I have one and like it very much. But as said above, it's the hype. It's reputed to be the panacea of all hunting cartridges in some circles. These circles may include more younger lads than not. They may be drinking craft beers, wearing their girlfriends' trousers and sporting shower shoes. One or more of them may have long hair tied in a similar fashion as my first grade teacher. You see where I'm going here.
Hold on, let's not throw all craft beer under the bus here, they'd be drinking IPA for sure...probably an extra fruity one...(not that there's anything wrong with that...) I prefer a bratwurst from the local butcher (or my own) to an oscar meyer weiner any day, same with my beer! BTW, my legs would explode skinny jeans and I wear hiking boots every day. Sorry, I have no real opinion on the OP as just have an old .06 and don't know anyone with a 6.5cm. Not sure where this manbun hunting scene is happening, is this a CO thing?

Some of it is justified because it's the "new, shiny toy" and some of it is not, such as being a very efficient offering. It kills things, same as other guns.

The hype is annoying, although the ballistics are pretty neat. But my biggest issue is the marketing which is aimed at the long-range hunting fad. Folks that shouldn't be taking long shots are now encouraged because of their "miracle" cartridge.

Anybody that thinks anything long range, can be cured by one cartridge, probably has no business shooting over 300 yards, no matter which cartridge. Long-range hunting is way over-marketed. The ethics of getting closer to what you are hunting, seems to be disappearing, in lieu of "let's see how far away we can kill it". The Creed kills just as well as anything, at distances within which hunting should be done.

It was marketed heavily and it’s fairly new. So old fashioned types tend to hate it, at least at first. That’s kind of how most products are, regardless of industry. Pickups, blenders, cell phones, etc...Nothing wrong with being old fashioned either.

I don’t care what it’s called, it does the same thing my .260ai and 6.5x47 Lapua did, but in a more user friendly package.
Agreed

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back