Who’s Made Money in Energy

Expect Energy to hold its own as we enter a mild recession that suppose to peak in July. Expect China Energy demand and Biden’s bad energy ambitions to keep prices higher until elections. Good for XLE and VDE. 2 years of good gains glad you all are on board with Gains.

Biden is not running in 2024. Newsom is your guy. Based on the expert analysis here, I should keep my oil stocks if Newsom wins the Presidency.🤪

I know your'e joking around, but I'll pick my guy to back.

Last time the GOP capped on Biden for running his campaign from his basement. Maybe your guy will do one better and run his campaign from a jail cell.:ROFLMAO:

I know your'e joking around, but I'll pick my guy to back.

Last time the GOP capped on Biden for running his campaign from his basement. Maybe your guy will do one better and run his campaign from a jail cell.:ROFLMAO:
Newsom vs. Desantis. Which guy do you like, and which guy is going to jail?

My financial advisors have always had strict instructions from me to keep my money OUT of resource extraction, especially oil/gas and precious metals. And I have done well enough. My masters and PhD are in mining business history. Those industries are built on bullshitting investors. Always have been. I don't buy lottery tickets either. And no, I don't play with real estate either. Homes are to live in.

Last edited:
My financial advisors have always had strict instructions from me to keep my money OUT of resource extraction, especially oil/gas and precious metals. And I have done well enough. My masters and PhD are in mining business history. Those industries are built on bullshitting investors. Always have been. I don't by lottery tickets either. And no, I don't play with real estate either. Homes are to live in.
Just so you know Ontario, financial advisors are also experts in bullshitting investors.😉
PhD in Mining Business history. I bet that was useful. 😁

Last edited:
Just so you know Ontario, financial advisors are also experts in bullshitting investors.😉
Seems it was. I retired very comfortably without having to live in a big city tied to a desk at a university. Instead I traveled widely and worked in National Parks. My final position should have been historian for US Navy at Pearl Harbor. Hired without an interview. I was suppose to start January 2010 but our 14 year-old boy died in the night at Christmas. That broke me. Then lost his mom to a car accident ten months later. Sent me into early retirement for good. But I accomplished enough. Had a few publications, everything attempted, and got to teach people who wanted to learn (park visitors) as opposed to high school (= 75% babysitting). My first post grad work was essentially a second BA in biology so I was well equipped to work anywhere in the Park Service. Being a disabled US veteran helped too. Actually made it hard for employers to not hire me. Yeah, those degrees were a gold mine in many ways (though not always financially). No regrets.

Seems it was. I retired very comfortably without having to live in a big city tied to a desk at a university. Instead I traveled widely and worked in National Parks. My final position should have been historian for US Navy at Pearl Harbor. Hired without an interview. I was suppose to start January 2010 but our 14 year-old boy died in the night at Christmas. That broke me. Then lost his mom to a car accident ten months later. Sent me into early retirement for good. But I accomplished enough. Had a few publications, everything attempted, and got to teach people who wanted to learn (park visitors) as opposed to high school (= 75% babysitting). My first post grad work was essentially a second BA in biology so I was well equipped to work anywhere in the Park Service. Being a disabled US veteran helped too. Actually made it hard for employers to not hire me. Yeah, those degrees were a gold mine in many ways (though not always financially). No regrets.
Have you considered a career in coffee mixology . . . ;)

I had a comfortable career with only 86 semesters hours of college No degree . My whole career involved carrying a gun. Now retired at 62 and just built my second AR in 13 years a 16” Reece gun. Went around the world and met interesting people.

Actually Energy especially XLE and VDE has beat the market substantially in 2021 and 2022. I expect it will again in 2023.

Diamondback Seeks Buyers For Permian Assets another Energy Company up for sale let’s go Chevron.​

Political shit show figuring out what rate to charge Northwest Energy customers. You would think we live in California with all this stupidity. At least the lawyers are making money on energy.🙂

Political shit show figuring out what rate to charge Northwest Energy customers. You would think we live in California with all this stupidity. At least the lawyers are making money on energy.🙂

Northwestern Energy, making decentralized solar more economical for you one rate increase at a time.

More stupidity......

Love it! "Failed to take a hard look at environmental issues". Literally word for word the same language used in court decisions that halted the leasing and permitting of coal and continuation of coal fired power plants. Lawsuits brought by Sierra Club and others. These decisions, in part, pushed more and more power producers from coal fired to nat gas fired. Nice to see that Nat Gas is now in the cross-hairs of the same groups that pushed so hard for the switch.

Wonder when SC will start its campaign against fighting the evils of wind and solar? Calamity drives the funding cycle.

More stupidity......

This one hits close to home. It is literally across the Yellowstone from where I board my horses. The woman who owns that land and a neighboring woman are active in trying to stymy the plant. So, I have to finesse that some, when the subject comes up.

There was a coal fired plant across from the Conoco/ Phillips 66 refinery for decades. If that could be a neighbor, a gas fired plant should make a better neighbor, oh well.

The plant will get built. The delay will add costs. The ratepayers will have to cover them. Life goes on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back