MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Who’s Made Money in Energy

This one hits close to home. It is literally across the Yellowstone from where I board my horses. The woman who owns that land and a neighboring woman are active in trying to stymy the plant. So, I have to finesse that some, when the subject comes up.

There was a coal fired plant across from the Conoco/ Phillips 66 refinery for decades. If that could be a neighbor, a gas fired plant should make a better neighbor, oh well.

The plant will get built. The delay will add costs. The ratepayers will have to cover them. Life goes on.
This stupidity is only getting started. Wait till Gavin becomes President. 😉

Northwestern Energy, making decentralized solar more economical for you one rate increase at a time.
Now all we need is a federally funded program that will subsidize Chinese manufactured solar panels so all Montanans can have solar panels on our 180 day snow covered roofs!

Now all we need is a federally funded program that will subsidize Chinese manufactured solar panels so all Montanans can have solar panels on our 180 day snow covered roofs!
Literally, WTF do you care where they are made? You seemed ok exporting the contamination from Colstrip to the rest of the country and world. Just export the manufacture of solar panels too. You going to start a push to get that plant build in your neck of the woods? A 25% rate hike makes solar more competitive, snow or no snow.

Boom! Zero down solar on your montana roof!

Solar
Checked the price by the time I get it paid off the panels will be 5 years out warranty and needing replacement and batteries will need replaced twice …..not very cost effective so I nixed the ideal going green. Love my wood smoke and 7.3L Powerstroke ! Looking forward to a modular fusion reactor for my home heating device and electricity.

Solar
Checked the price by the time I get it paid off the panels will be 5 years out warranty and needing replacement and batteries will need replaced twice …..not very cost effective so I nixed the ideal going green. Love my wood smoke and 7.3L Powerstroke ! Looking forward to a modular fusion reactor for my home heating device and electricity.
Here's something I could put in my irrigation ditch to generate electricity. Only problem, ditch flows from April to October. Kind of like solar. Only makes electricity when the sun is shining. Curious how much something like this costs and how long does the equipment last?

I bought all the Shell and Exxon I could in the fall of 2020, it was a good play. Sold most of the Exxon too early, held the Shell. Almost offset some of my stupider bio-tech gambles 🤷‍♂️

Here's something I could put in my irrigation ditch to generate electricity. Only problem, ditch flows from April to October. Kind of like solar. Only makes electricity when the sun is shining. Curious how much something like this costs and how long does the equipment last?

The solar panel just transfers the energy to the batteries which store the power. Every 10 to 12 years these batteries need replacing the solar panels need replacing 15 to 20 years and most only warranty them for 15 years. So the system will never pay for itself. It’s a Scam !
Sounds great at first just like EV cars ounce you dig into the details it becomes obvious……….once the incentives stop this Green Renewable Energy production will stop.

I bought all the Shell and Exxon I could in the fall of 2020, it was a good play. Sold most of the Exxon too early, held the Shell. Almost offset some of my stupider bio-tech gambles 🤷‍♂️
Just invest in XLE and VDE
Up over 100% in the last 2 years

would anyone rather get on the VOO and SCHD train with me?

we can even make it a little spicy and add in some VPU and VCLT??

it's simple, just invest in VOO and SCHD.

i'll go start few threads about it to make sure no one misses the boat

View attachment 272093

Here's the future site of BHR Green Energy Electric. Just need to apply for some government grants from the Inflation Reduction Act, and then the money will start rolling in!
While you mock, I know a big ranch on the east slope of the Beartooths that run this very type of set up. Can't remember if it is Diamond T or Sunlight, but they make sure that irrigation water keeps flowing (although I know the floods last year in Red Lodge caused a problem). It is certainly profitable, but don't know the BE in years. You don't need grants, just higher ditch fees. I guess the downside is you have to be more engaged with the ditch company. Either way, glad you have changed to contribute to a solution rather than the problem.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back