Who's gunna chase Fall bears ?

Moosie

Grand poopa
It's the first year in alot of years I haven't given a bear a nap yet... Although I have no days to chase them, I still think about it. Who is activly going after Bears this fall ?

Not me Moosie, as we don't have a fall bear pursuit season in Utah and I don't have a hunter with a kill tag so I can leagally run bears.|oo Our summer training season is open and I'll most likely go hunting this weekend, but running in this heat isn't much of a replacement bone after having our fall pursuit taken away by DWR. hump

I do have a year round lion tag so I'll get the dogs out this fall about every day I have the time other than deer and elk seasons..........but no killing over my dogs this fall!:confused:

keep'em treed,
ike

I'm hunting elk in an area that holds bears..if I see one, I'll put it down, and if things go right, I'll find an elk, then look specifically for bears.

Will take a bear if I get the chance,but probably won't go out just after bears.
If I see one scouting or elk or deer hunting will try to give it a dirt nap if the season is open.

I am:D :D :D hump hump

opens sept. 1st here in ontario. i'm putting the cam on bear on Mon. hopefully will show some pics next week.

Scott

8 DAYS AND COUNTING!!!!!! Till I begin my arizona spot and stalk wilderness black bear hunt. Will hunt heavy til the area closes.

Will be trying hard to get one while on the sheep hunt. Great potential for both grizz and black bear.

I'll be out an about! Tough time of yr with bear, antelope, deer and elk also going on, hard to juggle between all of them though.

I buy my bear tag every year but I've never shot one, and never really went hunting looking for bear. It was more of an excuse to carry my rifle around while I'm scouting for deer and elk.

I did go specifically for bear this weekend with a friend and saw a good size bear but it was right at dark and we never could get a shot. That was pretty fun though, so I might have to go looking for one again this weekend!!

I plan on hanging a stand this evening and hope to be hunting out of it on friday. been scouting for the past couple of weeks and have seen 2 bears. plan on doing some spot n stalk in evenings and setting in the stand in the mornings. I'm hunting south of stanford in the judith mts. i go to choteau most weekends and from what i hear the bears are thick around there. was gonna hunt in that area but the fire closures screewed things up so i"ll stick it out down here. oh yeah i finally moved to montana. good luck to you guys. twodot

For once, I am actually going this year. I trapped bears for the USMC and the Univ. of Tn and after catching a couple of 700 lb+ Blackies, I never really had the desire to shoot one. There is something about catching one in a snare and poking him with a jabstick from 2 feet that I didn't think could be topped. Will be chasing them around the Mtns here in East Tn.

I am setting up camp on the 3rd or 4th(season opens the 5th) and going until the 15th if needed. If the unit closes, I will move north or west to another unit thats still open.

Back