Who has the first general Deer season ?

south carolina, where my club is, opens august 15th and runs until january 1st.its the longest rifle season in the country. bucks are unlimited and does are at the discretion of the landowner and the decision he makes with dfg

WOW! That is a long season, 3 1/2 months.
eek.gif

It starts around here Sept 6, but I can go over here to Dear Lodge and start the first of Aug. and go the general seasons around until the end of the year!!!
biggrin.gif

Texas general season opens the first saturday of Nov. usually. I bet California is first, they are pretty early?

Ok, archery starts right at the end of Sept. beginning of Oct. then the general season. I added that since others are skipping the "general" in the original post.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 04-22-2003 19:44: Message edited by: Tom ]</font>

I'll check the regs - I just got this year's booklet. Usually it starts in August in some zones. The bad thing here is that the county supervisors for each county have to approve any antler-less hunts in their area, and they usually don't approve them since they know nothing about wildlife management.

bow season opens here about mid October,runs till the end of December.Bucks only gun season opens thanksgiving week,runs 2 weeks. doe season opens after buck season,runs 3 days.Then muzzleloader season opens.During the first week of muzzleloader,bear rifle season opens up for the second time [ split season].

south carolina is a little misleading. they have no bow season or front stuffer season just general season and you can use any legal weapon all season. on public land or land within so many feet of a church you cannot hunt on sunday but other than that the season is continuos.i have been thinking about getting a buck with a rifle and then bow hunting the rest of the season when the dogs are in the pen(its shotgun only when running dogs)i will let my kids use a rifle whenever they are with me.

Alabammy begins October 15th and runs thru January 31st.

I guess really it slike this:
10-15-03 to 11-20-03 Archery only
11-20-03 to 1-31-04 Any weapon (yes, even spears)
I hope they up the does to 2 or 3 per day this year. They are thick as bunnies now
wink.gif

If I'm not mistaken, Archery season on the coast here opens up around the middle of July. But where I hunt it opens the middle of August.

For many years, I hunted tasty little coastal blacktails in Napa, Sonoma, Lake, and Colousa counties. All are A zone season which begins second Saturday of August for rifle. Typical 105 degree day. The hunting is very good if you set up at the right spot. Blacktails nearly always travel single file on well worn trails. Seems like they're reluctant to leave the trail.

Coastal blacktails are puny compared to our Dakota mule deer. But they're good eatin' deer!

Boddington gets to hunt during the rut on a private ranch in Lassen County that paid off the Game Commission so they can have their own season. Gee, sounds like corruption.
Jack

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back