Who else uses a tag as a purchase excuse?

I own moose hunting rifles because I want to go moose hunting someday and might even draw a tag. Would my deer/elk rifles work? Probably, but...you know.

I'm in the market for a Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan .454 because I know a guy who hunts in Alaska. What if I get the chance to draw a tag for something in Alaskan bear country someday? I'd need to apply, but you can never be too prepared.

I've been almost exclusively a bowhunter for the last 10 years and exclusively a bowhiker the last few. I got orders for Alaska and got a deal on a Win M70 in 270 for hunting up here. My kifaru pack was tough to pass through the wife but got the bag in Multicam and haven't used my issued ruck since. I'm pretty cheap when it comes to most things hunting related but buy quality when it comes to rifles, optics, boots, and my pack.

I was convinced I was getting a new muzzleloader this year. No tag. Had model picked out, scope bought, loads researched. Stupid draw. 😒

Man I am my fathers son and it aint a bad thing
My father was part of the ww11 gen fought in Phillipeans and went through the depression so was very much a fiscal conservative and the older I get the more im like him. I am mostly a bow hunter have 2 bows my last is back up now and as far as guns I have a pred gun 17 centerfire a few shot guns and 2 rifles yup just 2 lol a 30-06 and 300 mag with them I think im good on anything on this side of the world
Heck with only 2 rifles compaired to most of you guys im almost a PITA member lmao

Man I am my fathers son and it aint a bad thing
My father was part of the ww11 gen fought in Phillipeans and went through the depression so was very much a fiscal conservative and the older I get the more im like him. I am mostly a bow hunter have 2 bows my last is back up now and as far as guns I have a pred gun 17 centerfire a few shot guns and 2 rifles yup just 2 lol a 30-06 and 300 mag with them I think im good on anything on this side of the world
Heck with only 2 rifles compaired to most of you guys im almost a PITA member lmao
I figure I might as well spend it because when I’m gone I know my kids will have no problem blowing through it.

I’ve used tags as an excuse in the past. It caught up to me this year. The wife wanted the master bath remodeled. It was pricey but worth it. Lord knows she deserves it for supporting my hunting trips and expenditures.

Well, as expected my excuse was back ended by a total backyard redo.

Finally upgraded my Redfield 2-7 that I'd killed everything with since 1990.

I buy a tag here in Leftafornicate so that I'm not arrested for having a long rifle in the trunk, locked in case, unloaded driving to a national forest.......we're down to bare minimum expectation out here......

I don't need an excuse or permission from my wife to buy a gun. Or anything really. But I'm also not dumb enough to let her know I did buy something if it was a significant hit to the check book.

Best advice I ever got was from Mom:

“Buy em while you can because when you’re married you’ll be lucky to get permission to use em, let alone purchase”

So I went out and bought a Christensen Ridgeline 300WM for good measure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brady1988
Back