Whitetail roadtrip to MT...

This answer changes entirely depending on what region/part of the state you plan on hunting. Generally speaking, I find the most success with whitetail on either AG fields or anywhere "green" near a river. Taking a 130-140" whitetail in an area you've never set foot in, especially with a bow, is a tall order as you could imagine.

This answer changes entirely depending on what region/part of the state you plan on hunting. Generally speaking, I find the most success with whitetail on either AG fields or anywhere "green" near a river. Taking a 130-140" whitetail in an area you've never set foot in, especially with a bow, is a tall order as you could imagine.
Agreed, 100%. NE region is what I was looking at. Along the milk.

Agreed, 100%. NE region is what I was looking at. Along the milk.
Very tall order unless you go guided if you're looking for quality. The BMAs get pounded from my experience chasing birds there. If it's brown it's down was what I witnessed.

Yah, good luck on this hunt. Why in the world you want to drive to MT to shoot another whitetail is beyond me, but have at it, to each their own, especially along the Milk. Have fun! (y)(y)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back