Whitetail...is this a shooter ??

iminrut

I just recently set up this mineral lick....it's about 200 yards for a nice waterhole and a couple corn fields........so I thought what the heck, I'll set up a trail cam on an abandoned fence post that sticks up in the middle of nowhere, but along a nice deer trail......hence why I also put a mineral lick in this local.....

Well I just got back from pulling the cards on a couple more of my trail cams, with this being one of them....and yes I forgot to set the time stamp again......but it don't really matter now......forgot all of those other deer I've posted in the last week..................THIS is the buck I am gonna hunt 24/7 come 9/1

8-09-06_RK_047.jpg

8-09-06_RK_010.jpg

8-09-06_RK_024.jpg

8-09-06_RK_044.jpg

8-09-06_RK_025.jpg

I'm still sitting here in total disbelief that I got a buck of this caliber on one of my cameras......I mean really, it's not like I live in Kansas or Iowa, etc.....

Awesome buck, best of luck with him this season. I hope you can sleep during the next three weeks.

mtmiller said:
I hope you can sleep during the next three weeks.

Little chance of that, LOL:eek: ........I can already fell that nervous anticipating anxiety....normally associated with drooling and rapid speech...LOL

I better watch myself or the wife will be getting me fitted for a straight jacket....:D

He's got plenty to choose from just beyond the trees.......about 400 acres of it....

He'll do! Great buck!

You think he might be bedding in the corn? I've had some great success stalking bedded bucks in corn on windy days. I usually have trouble relocating bucks like that after the switch from their summer eating/sleeping pattern to their prerut patterns.

He may be.......I do know from past years that he prefers a heavily wooded thicket that's about 3/4 mile away.......he travels this whole drainage system.....probably about 6-8 square miles.....but I always see him here more than anything else......

BIG BONUS.....the corn is on the upwind side.....then the creek is downwind from that.......I just got permission from the bordering landowner for access from the downwind side......so I should be able to get in there before daylight without any noses picking me off.......

I may just have to move a treestand down into that creek as it borders right up to the corn.............that's probably gonna give me my best shot with bow, as the deer filter through to the field:)

Egad !!

Well, I went late this morning, and hung a stand in the wooded creek along the corn.......found a pretty good location in a small bend that will allow me to see quite a ways in both directions........

I checked the trail cam again....it's only been 6 days, and there were a slug more pics of him.......doesn't seem to be camera shy at all.........and even though i haven't set the time on the camera yet, I have figured out that he's traveling through both mornings and evenings........but for daylight shots, it seems he's out later in the morning.......guess I'm gonna have to skip the Wheaties come 9/1

GM-8-15-06_122.jpg

GM-8-15-06_093.jpg

Looks like doin your homework is going to pay off. Nice whitey and definatly a shooter in my book. AZ402.....that's funny chit. Yeah I'd say a 150+, they always look bigger in the velvet though. Good luck

good luck on that one! I am antsy to take a look at my cameras this weekend.
What kind of camera you got?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back