Whitetail hunting.

Hunt2921

I'm hunting in a spot with all kinds of rubs like every 5 feet there is a tree tore up. I've only found a couple of scrapes in this area and they don't look like they are being used. I've seen several bucks but can't narrow them down to get close enough with my bow. The bucks are in the chassing stage and running does. I'm not sure if I should hunt the fields or get into the thick stuff.

|oo

Sounds to me like it's only a matter of time before the big boy slips up and comes within bow range. Have you tried makeing a fake scrape?

The rub line sounds like a place to hunt. But with them chasing I would find where the does are and like to be.

Last night at work I look out the door at dusk and right above where the does have been feeding there were 3 bucks. One was a nice 8 pointer that I would not have hestited to shoot.

Tree stand

I do hunt out of a tree stand and I've got a couple of different trails that I've got trees I hunt out of. |oo

Once the bucks start chasing I just kinda look for does myself. If they are rutting good and hard the bucks won't be too far from the does.

Mathews Outback

No it's not the bow at all. It was a really big buck and it happened so fast that I didn't slow down to make a good shot. I got buck fever so bad i about fell out of my tree stand. :eek:

I love that you can keep it real and admit that you got buck fever!!! That crap happens to all of us. As bad as you get it though, you had better be wearing a safety harness.

Tape a picture of a cute little puppy on the inside of your bow limb. Maybe that will calm your nerves. :D

Back