Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

White bass pics

BuzzH

The Aqua Fria is still producing some good white bass fishing. One of my buddies and I paddled them again this weekend...caught 51 more on Saturday.

Heres a few pics:

whitebass3.jpg

whitebass.jpg

whitebass2.jpg

Man! You had to hit that one just right and the weather was awesome. Nice pics and fun stuff. I was fishing Apache in a tournament and listening to 90db boombox with foul mouthed rap music at 3am. :BLEEP:

How about a little edjumacation on White Bass? How come the liberal limits? How come more people don't catch them? Are they good eating? Are they considered like our Perch and Crappie, just a food source for people? What did the big ones go?

Did you use some nets... or dynamite?

How long did it take to clean those? Looks like a real nightmare.

That's a stack of fish.. are they fighters?

How about a little edjumacation on White Bass? How come the liberal limits? How come more people don't catch them? Are they good eating? Are they considered like our Perch and Crappie, just a food source for people? What did the big ones go?

I am guessing cause There are either millions in the lake or game and fish wants them removed from the lake. they multiply like guppies

Lots of people fish for nothing but white bass.

they are good eating

look like a crappie

Ive caught them up to three pounds. Ive heard of guys pulling 4 lbers out.
Average 2 years ago was about 2lbs, last year seemed like it was 1.5 lbs

Lake pleasant is the only lake that I know of that has white bass. I understand there is one other lake in az that has them, buzz's friend might know where.

they will eat anything. topwater to cranks and blades.
once you find one you can pull fish out of that same hole for hours, and pretty much everycast.
Last year while fishing a small bass tourny throwing spinner baits and jerk baits I pulled about 30-40 out in a matter of 2 hours. they were all 2+ lbs. and I wasnt fishing for them. they put up one heck of a good fight.

Delw

An old commercial fisherman told me about when they bust the surface after shad to cast a small beatle spinner with a length of line and a small balloon attached. After they go back down, just fallow the school with the balloon. We also have a large limit on WB. Buzz, do you trim the red strip off of the filet? Also, how many times did the gill plate get ya? Good Going.

LArry.
remember last year the first wednesday nighter? slayed the heck out of whites all night long...

Delw

Delw, pretty much answered everything. I dont know if the game and fish wants them out of the lake or not, but they want them kept in check...thus no limit.

They fight good, they're good eating fish too. The average size is probably a pound or a pinch over...up to about 2 pounds. I didnt weigh them, but thats what I'd guess.

We used small white plastic twister tails on a 1/8 ounce jig head. About as simple as fishing gets, retrieved them really slow. The other key was to fish different spots away from the people.

It doesnt take long for two guys with a couple sharp filet knives to work through 50 of those, about an hour. I think I've had enough fun for one year on them though.

Buzz,
if your in town. I got my boat back yesterday and I am heading to the lake in the AM pretty much every day this week, mainly just to break in the motor and do my anual bed fish counts. plus do lots of fishing. I will be off the water no later than 10am

Delw

Thanks for the pics Buzz.....They were still hitting on monday from what i heard.....weather is cool right now but they should start again next week.

We also have "no limits" on crappie and tilapia. :D :)

Yeah I remember that one del 5-6 ft. waves, rain and lighting. Thats the tourny I won and did not get in the options. Hey it's getting that time of year again also .

Yeah and I took second or third and got into the option, so I got your money LMAO

you did that like 3 times last year

Delw

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otto247
Back