Rem 20 ga pump - 1
Nylon 66 - 2
Redhawk - 1
Win 100 - 2

With that I think we are going:
1 - the Bee
2 - the 94
3 - the 760

We learned that in total there are 7 people receiving a "free gun" we know based on the 4 we know well what their top pick is. The 760, the 99, Walther and the ruger vaq will be gone as first picks.

So we are going to offer to buy the 2nd choice if the other 2 don't take it and then the super six, Blackhawk and ruger 96 .44.

Tally of the recommendations today:

Win 94 - 15
Rem 600 .222 - 4
Bee - 10
Blackhawk - 5
Single six - 4
760 - 4
Ruger 96 - 4
Ruger vaq - 2
Savage 99 - 5
Walther - 1
Rem 20 ga pump - 1
Nylon 66 - 2
Redhawk - 1
Win 100 - 2

With that I think we are going:
1 - the Bee
2 - the 94
3 - the 760

We learned that in total there are 7 people receiving a "free gun" we know based on the 4 we know well what their top pick is. The 760, the 99, Walther and the ruger vaq will be gone as first picks.

So we are going to offer to buy the 2nd choice if the other 2 don't take it and then the super six, Blackhawk and ruger 96 .44.
Great plan!

I’d echo:
1. 94 30-30
2. Blackhawk .45
3. Ruger single six

But also would feel a pull from the Ruger .44 and the Rem600 in .222

Those Rugers were fun shooters and I’ve already got the 600 in .350Rem Mag and 6mm so I’d be adding to the set

So we actually changed our 1st choice pick to the Ruger 96. We got it.

No one claimed the Bee, the 94, the Blackhawk or the Super Six.

Out of the 7, 4 people grabbed a pistol. The 760 and the 99 were the other rifles picked. There was something special about those old police revolvers as one person really wanted those. The Vaquero, the Walther and the Hawes .357 were the other three pistols taken.

@seeth07 All of those pistols are pretty cool ones, and especially with any sentimental aspects to them. Are you going to try and buy any of the ones you did not get?

So we actually changed our 1st choice pick to the Ruger 96. We got it.

No one claimed the Bee, the 94, the Blackhawk or the Super Six.

Out of the 7, 4 people grabbed a pistol. The 760 and the 99 were the other rifles picked. There was something special about those old police revolvers as one person really wanted those. The Vaquero, the Walther and the Hawes .357 were the other three pistols taken.

Which 96? That 44mag would be loads of fun

Which 96? That 44mag would be loads of fun
the 44mag.

@seeth07 All of those pistols are pretty cool ones, and especially with any sentimental aspects to them. Are you going to try and buy any of the ones you did not get?
Yes, we bought the 4 I mentioned above, forgot to add that. The bee, the 94, the blackhawk and the super six.

yes indeed. How I'm going to get my hands on .218 ammo is beyond me though lol I can't find any.

Yeah this stuff gets tricky. When my grandpa passed away, my mom was looking for his garrison cap from ww2, and couldn’t find it in any of the boxes of stuff. Come to find out her brother had just thrown it out, not thinking anything of it.

Never know what’s going to mean something to someone, or who’s going to make a stink over something unexpectedly.

Surprisingly none fought my brother for the 20ga sxs, despite him being nowhere near the oldest of the grandkids. Story goes when they went through the German villages at the end of the war they confiscated all the guns. Must have liked this one, because he brought it back. Gorgeous hand engraving (exposed hammers and all) and wood checkering, but it was left in a basement untouched for decades and the stock split, buttpad is crumbling, and the steel is very tarnished.
That 20ga might be a project for @p_ham

Back