Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Which Caliber for Elk

But if you’re asking me, .270 is my go to when all else fails.
Man, I would love to take my Ruger No.1. But I can only shoot those down around the 6.5 Creedmoor recoil range. It is an absolute tack driver with 130 grain SSTs and 150 grain ABLRs.

I actually had a buddy send me a box of those. I have had trouble trying to get load data from their site. Someone said they were having site problems. Thank you.
Site is up and running. If you have any more issues, I can send you the link. mtmuley

Hammer bullets has a Veterans discount. mtmuley
I'm sorry, it was not Hammer bullets. It is the Lehigh 152 grain controlled chaos. Are you familiar with that one?

I will take a look at the Hammer bullets. Much appreciated.

Choose the correct bullet and your lowest recoiling rifle will kill both elk and antelope efficiently and well beyond your 300 yd limit.

Choose the correct bullet and your lowest recoiling rifle will kill both elk and antelope efficiently and well beyond your 300 yd limit.
I am testing the 142 grain ABLR this weekend for the 6.5 Creedmoor.

Whatever gun you shoot the best and is the easiest to pack around. Elk just aren’t bullet proof and die like everything else as long as you place your first shot correctly.
Spot on I have more guns than I need some never get used. When it’s time to go hunting there are about 2-3 I would consider grabbing.

I have tried to find reduced recoil data for copper bullets for my 270, which could be an option. No luck so far. I contacted Barnes, but no reply. I have some 129 grain LRX I could use. If anyone knows of reduced loads for 270 copper bullets, it would be much appreciated. I have A5744 and H4895, both can be used for reduced recoil loads.

I've shot more elk with a .308 and that 75 year-old design called a Nosler Partition than I have any other cartridge-bullet combination. And most of those were out of a 20" barrel, including the 2022 Wyoming elk. The options you have will do just fine. Make the first shot count and you'll have a dead elk.

Good luck.

Ditto on the 130TTSX in the .308. I shoot them in a Howa Superlite at 3100 with AR-Comp. The rifle weighs 5#5oz and the recoil is not bad at all.

Thank you for your service and go kill an elk.

I actually just found reduced recoil loads for the Lehigh controlled chaos 127 grain in 270 Win. Hmmmm.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back