Which Buck?

Omen

Which buck would you shoot?

WhichBuckDoYouShoot.jpg

I think that I would have to opt for the lower middle goat. Its kind tough, not being able to see his prongs, but I am a sucker for symetry and a nice heart shape.

Todd

I think I would have to go with the top right buck also. They are all nice in my book since I have never killed one though.

I don't care which one. Just show me the place where I get to choose from all of them!

I think I would agree with Troy on the bottom right one scoring highest. If not, I like the mass anyway.

Oak

Number one and number three seem to have the most mass and the longest horns. Number one's cutters start above his ears and have great extension. Number three seems to be a bit heavier, but not quite as long. I think I would have to choose number one...

...and who says size doesn't matter??

cool.gif

My wife, daughter and I pulled two fifteen inch and one sixteen inch goats out of one pasture last season. Thought my twelve year old got the big one. But, saw him a couple weeks later when we were putting out mineral for the cattle. Her goat was only a couple inches from going into the bottom of the book.

Here is a family shot of the Jones' with their bucks. Hope you don't mind Troy? It is a good picture except for the ugly guy in the middle.
attachment.php

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 05-24-2003 23:29: Message edited by: mtmiller ]</font>

I think I may have posted this one before, but we have some new people.

This is the only antelope I have ever killed. I was GPS'ing some prairie dog towns when I noticed this cloud of dust. Upon inspection, I found this guy whom could run a few strides, but kept falling.

I found a fence post, and after a few attempts at charging me and falling down short, I smoked him in the neck. I am certain it would have been a home run if I had been at the park.
wink.gif

He is a nice buck with 16" and 15.75" horns.
Pronghorn_1.sized.jpg

You're right about the bottom right being the biggest of the bucks. Top right, believe it or not, is the smallest of the bucks. No mass. It's hard to judge from that angle, though.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back