NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Which book to believe

Rooster52

My Lee Reloading manual says max load for my 7MM Rem Mag is 58 grains of IMR4350.
My nosler says max load for there 150 partition is 63 grains of IMR4350
My hornady says 58.4 of 4350 for there 154 grain bullet.

What to believe.

My Lee Reloading manual says max load for my 7MM Rem Mag is 58 grains of IMR4350.
My nosler says max load for there 150 partition is 63 grains of IMR4350
My hornady says 58.4 of 4350 for there 154 grain bullet.

What to believe.

Believe your rifle. Test those loads and find the one that shoots the best.Reloading manuals have different loads based on bullets used, etc. No two recipies produce exactly similar results.

Do some ladder testing and put in some trigger time to find the best load.

None of them. There are just too many variables involved to safely state that X is a max load in Y rifle. Start with 54-55 grs and work up. When you see pressure signs, you've actually gone too far, so cut back a full grain.

Then I'd go to the Nosler forum and ask someone to run the QL data for you.

Depends on which bullet you are using. You don't specify a bullet make/model in the first or third option. Comparing bullets of like weight by different construction can be a fool's errand as well.

Pick a starting load from one of the three and work up from there. It really isn't rocket surgery.

Just wondered why the difference in max loads among the different books. I have reloaded for the 7 mm mag before but it has been years ago for a moose and caribou hunt.I shot Hornady 175 grain inter loks over IMR7828 powder at that time.

Last edited:
I tend to use the powder manufacturers data if they have it available. Hodgdon says 150gr Partition is 60.8 max for IMR4350.

Edit: a few posts occurred when I replying and I was redundant.

Going with the Nosler 7 book as I am loading 150 grain Partitions. I plan on starting low and working up . Thanks for the replies.

I want to get out and shoot but this 90 degree plus temperatures is to tough on me and my rifles.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back