Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

wheres all the bear hunters ?

Bearbait, I love bear hunting. The only way to hunt here in my state now is spot and stalk or calling. They outlawed baiting and hound hunting by initiative vote in 96. I still go out every year not the same without the dogs and bait.

------------------
Live to Hunt-Terry aka Coydog.
coyote4.gif

I hunt over bait next door in Minnesota. I guess I really don't have much to talk about, but will gladly try to help anyone who has questions about proper cartridges, loads, bait, tactics, etc...

I've shot four bears in seven seasons, so I'm just starting to get them thar bars figgered out...

Ahh BEar hunting.. My favorite!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I will be talking almost ONLY bear in about 2 months.. Ahhh Tis the season soon....

I have shot 3 bear in 4 season's but this year will be the 1st w/ a bow. (I garon-teeeee it !!!!!!)
wink.gif

------------------
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> AKA Moose Hunter
<LI> www.huntandlodge.com

moose.gif

[/list]

Bearbait,
I'm going on my first bear hunt up in your neck of the woods the opening week of this coming fall season.I'm booked with Sunset Ridge Outfitters at Sebec Lake, with Ben Pinkham.Do you know him?He came highly recommended from several sources.Good luck next season and happy hunting!!!!!!!!
Mike(VPHUNTER}

I've only hunted them a couple times but plan to do more. The system here in Michigan is set up now so you're only likely to draw a tag every 3-4 years. Ontario is close though and you can still hunt there in the fall.....
Oscar - the 600 pounder I mentioned in the other thread was taken with a bow!

------------------
polarbear2.gif

Nice pic BW, thanks for posting. Hang out here anytime!! I've heard of Prince of Wales Island, where is it exactly? Sounds like an adventure!

------------------
polarbear2.gif

Well, since Moosie went and got us a moderator, I guess I'll just have to post more.
smile.gif

I'm putting together a hunt for black bear on Prince or Wales Island this Spring for myself, three buddy's also from Sitka, and two guys from Texas. The Texas guys I met at Shooters.com, but you won't find us there now, we split off and headed to 24campfire.com. This is not an advertisement for that site! I know that the core group just did the samething leaving H.I.S.

Here's a picture of a black bear my buddy shot while we were hunting in Cordova, AK.

bbear.jpg

Not really big, but it was nice. The valley we were in was just awesome! You can see some of the low plant life in the picture, we were in the "Alpine" zone I guess you call it.

------------------
Brian
The 416 Taylor WebPage!

Reg,

Prince of Wales (I spelled it wrong the first time, you got it right!) Island is in S.E. Alaska. It's south of me, about a 14 hour ferry ride from here. But the ferry stops in a few towns, which slows thing down. If I thought I could count on good weather (and I don't) I could take my boat down the outside of Baranof and be there in much less time.

Bcat,

Yep, the 24hourcampfire site is just like this one. You post pictures, signatures, icons, etc., just like here at Moosies.

That reminds me...

I need to update my webpage "links" page and delete Shooters and add this place and the campfire place!
wink.gif

------------------
Brian
The 416 Taylor WebPage!

Beabait,
I checked out your site, looks pretty good.You guys are way up north.How far from Ashland?.I used to go to Houlton every week on business up until about seven months ago.Do you do any duck/goose hunts.
I'm all set for bear this year but who knows what the future will bring.
Happy Hunting!!
Mike

BW - that's one long boat ride!!

We go charter fishing on Lake Superior - 3 hours out, and that seems like a long time
smile.gif

------------------
polarbear2.gif

hey Bearbait, are you in ashland ???? if so im sure you know eldon j.??? ive hunted around portage lake and up near my grandfathers cabin (guerette) between mud lake and cross lake! i was up last year and things were pretty tough for baiting because the bumper berry crop and natural food was so abundant! i will look you up the next time in town! i usually fly into presque isle.

------------------
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison
fef8b783.gif.orig.gif

im about 26 miles north of houlton off us rte. 1 ashlsnd is west of me . yes i also know eldon he use to do all my taxidermy work he is a good guy. good luck on your hunt vp.

bear bait

Here is a picture of last years bear. He was caught by Winchester (left) and Remington. This bear laid Winchester up for about 2 months( chewed on his front, right leg and broke several bones in his foot). Made a nice rug.
View

---------------------------------------------High Country Airedales
http://www.huntingairedales.com

------------------
Don Turnipseed

High crountry,
That looks like a pretty nice bear, to bad about your dog though.
Do you bear hunt up the hill from your house?

John

------------------
"When a man lies he murders some part of the world"

Cliff Burton

Bearbait, good to see you here. I sure have heard a lot of good things about your hunts. Wish you weren't so far from Montana as I'd like to check things out in your camp first hand some time. Hang around here enough and you'll find there are a few of us that live to hunt bears. Come April and May I'll bet the activity picks up here quite a bit. Here's one of my favorite photos of a bear I took in 1995.
ff836695.jpg.orig.jpg

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back