Where is your outdoor paradise?

Like I said TK, Alaska is big...really big, I felt the need to emphasize my point
biggrin.gif

Ovis Nice map
wink.gif
Hey where can I find Wasilla on that thing. I have a friend that lives up there and want to see where he is at
confused.gif

Happy trails

Well since you asked the question, I have been trying to talk my wife into moving to ID, or WY, for the last 6 years, so far without luck. I have a good fiend out in Pocatello ID, and I tayed with them for about a week a couple years ago, and thought I was in Heavan. We were all over ID, and WY for a week.

I have in-laws in Potlatch/Deary area of Idaho. Beautiful country, but not very many good paying jobs. I love Northern Idaho, but I truly love Alaska. Decisions, Decisions. Wouldn't it be nice to have the money to live where ever you wished......sigh.
frown.gif

Lame Deer Montana.

Nice college town, Dull Knife Community College. Great place for a family and lots to do.
biggrin.gif

Trophy Mule Deer Hotspot, Pronghorns, and within a 30 minute drive of where the world record P&Y bull elk was killed.

Also, there is the JimTown bar. Moosie and I had a beer there once, what a great little hangout.

Would probably be home (New Brunswick) or my 2nd home - Maine. Although Yukon looks real nice. Montana has always looked nice too. Idaho is gaining favor :)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Lame Deer Montana <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I second Lame Deer. A lovely place that brings out my spiritual side (ie. I am always praying that I don't breakdown when traveling through the area).
biggrin.gif

On the other side of my front door!! (Don't have a porch on the back yet!!)
biggrin.gif
Seriously, I have never been anywhere that really sucked except Camn Ranh Bay and there it was the sand in the sheets.
eek.gif
Everyplace else has been real nice!! Philippines, Japan, Okinawa, Korea, East Germany, West Germany, England,Mexico, Canada, North West and South East New Mexico, all of Texas, most of Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, North and South Carolina, Missouri, Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Oklahoma, Nevada, California, Alaska, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Nebraska, Washington, North Dakota, Pennsylvania and Arizona, and next year we add Colorado and Idaho. Man, I got to start packing!!
biggrin.gif

I had a Reply.. BUT
it got lost in the picture
That Ovis Posted ..
wink.gif

T-bone, I'd say Idaho.. BUT I'm trying to send everyone to Montana like Ithica said.

biggrin.gif

Hey Moosie, my friend Ray Vincent out Dvorshak Reservoir Idaho way is putting together another public elk hunt for next October. Interested? Price runs about five hundred for a non res bull tag. Cow tags are real scarce. This past year he had 11 show up and 9 got at least a shot at a bull.
They took 1 bull, 2 whitetail, a bunch of grouse, and some land locked salmon. Killed 2 half gallons of JD, treated the campground to "The Elk Theater", and had a real good time. I hope to be there next year.

Tbone,i completely agree with you on salmon/challis...BUT...if Missoula, Montana is your second best then you must really like traffic congestion, smog, incredible sprawl, rich californians, yuppies and you probably have a subconscious homosexuality (sorry to bear bad news)issue because this town has a huge gay population.

Missoula is a shithole and its projected to be over 200,000 people within the next few years or so, this valley feels way overfull now, it sucks chit.

Rocker, Montana - That is The Place

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-29-2003 14:03: Message edited by: RockyDog ]</font>

Hey PawClaws, I hunted 10A just above Dvorshak a few years back. We took a NICE 5X5 and three mulies up there. Went in through Headquarters. I might like to hunt it again next year if the situation were right.

Yep 10A is the place. They camped by the COE on the Reservoir and had a heck of a time. I want so bad to make the 2004 trip!
biggrin.gif

I like it right here as a permanent residence due to it only being an hour's drive to this: http://groups.msn.com/RoguePix1957/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=23

And if I decide that I don't like that, I'm 17 miles south of the Colorado state line. One of my ol' acquaintances in this club can vouch for southwestern Colorado.

Must be nice to be like Paws and be, shall we say, well traveled. Pal, you named places that I can only dream of.
drool.gif

Back