When is everyone going after elk? (Or have you started already)

s10

Hey all!

Just curious to hear from every one if you have started your elk season or when you are going this year? I will be headed out to Colorado for first rifle very soon. Feeling anxious, but prepared. How is everyone feeling about their trip? Let me know!

We went to Oregon for the closing week last week. We had several very close encounters and it was super fun. One of the three of us came to full draw on a cow but she wouldn't step out from behind a thicket of small trees. We had what sounded like mature bulls inside a hundred yards but wind was the topic of most of our failures. After hunting elk for years, this was the first time we have hunted elk in archery season. Needless to say we are hooked. I don't know why it took me so long but better late than never.

Didn’t pull a muzzle tag so was the goat and CO 2nd rifle for me this season. T - 32 day

Elk season is always on when you live in elk country, though you may not be hunting them with the intent to fill the freezer, you are always on the hunt to find them!

With that being said my wife has a first rifle elk tag here in Colorado and we both have PLO cow tags that are valid thru January.
Screenshot_20220925-145005_COMMAND.jpg
This is the bull we are going after for the wife.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back