Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

When are Wyoming antelope quotas set?

Bowhuntrben

My uncle told me he'd like to use his antelope points this next year, so I'm dropping my other plans out west for next year to help him. I was wondering if anybody knows when they Game and Fish will publish their quotas for the year? Obviously after much of winter, but I'm just wondering if they will be published before the application deadline of May 31. One of the main units I'm eyeballing for him, he had a 75% chance of drawing it this year in the special draw, but he wouldn't have drawn it last year. Going back and looking at drawing odds for both years, it appears there was a quota increase from 2018 to 2019 resulting in the better chance for him to draw the tag. I'll just be curious what the tag quota for the unit will be relative to this year in determining if it's worth putting him in for the unit or not. It seems like there is more of a fluctuation in how many points it takes in the special draw, so it is a bit of a wildcard anyway.

And meetings are cancelled, all write in comments this year.

Anyone able to speak to how close the proposed March quotas are to the final April quotas historically? I’m seeing some big changes from the January draft on the most recent proposals and am wondering if the latest quotas are expected to change much next month.

The final quotas that will be passed by the Commission at their April meeting most likely won't change a lot from what is now posted on the WGFD website.

The only things that would cause a change in quotas would be a severe spring blizzard that would occur in the next three weeks that would cause heavy moralities OR a disease outbreak that would cause extensive moralities. Keep your fingers crossed.

ClearCreek

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back