What’s your occupation?

Wanted to be a biologist, studied to be an ecologist, got offered a job before I finished post grad so spent a few years securing and rehabilitating wetlands, waterways and remnant vegetation. Pay in conservation work is not great in Australia. For a couple of years I supplemented it with some guiding. But the now wife and I wanted to buy a house, get married and have kids so I sold my soul and took a good paying desk job. Mind numbing stuff, as soon as I can afford not to do it I'll be back in the field doing something I like.

Heavy equipment operator. For around here it’s a good paying job with great benefits. I used to guide and work on cow outfits. I sure miss the freedom that comes with ranching, but I get to work outside year round. I’ve been fortunate never to have had to get an inside or desk job. I don’t think I would handle it well

I retired from the Army. Then I retired as a federal agent. Now I help teach a workforce development MIG welding class on Saturdays and just picked up a cooking gig at the USAFA bowling alley a couple of days a week :) We won't even go into all of the different jobs I had.......

F/A-18E Superhornet. Structural/hydraulic/landing gear. First time I saw a B-1 was while I was in Qatar and I about shit my pants with how big those things are.
They're big but so incredibly loud! Four f-16 engines on that sucker! When were you at the Deid?

Officially I am a data and records management clerk. In 10 months my occupation is going to be fully retired civilian. I am also retired military and retired federal civil service.

Mechanical engineer, specializing in hydraulic system design for a mobile crane OEM. Spent most of my college days as a part time heavy equipment mechanic, then went full time in a service truck for a few years after graduation. Got tired of chasing broken machines so I decided it was time to put my education to work. Can’t say that I regret it one bit.

Went from Army machinist/welder to heavy diesel mechanic to auto body tech/ resto and hot rod builder now I'm a forklift tech. We will see how long this one sticks. It's a good gig but I miss hammering on metal.

Heavy equipment operator. For around here it’s a good paying job with great benefits. I used to guide and work on cow outfits. I sure miss the freedom that comes with ranching, but I get to work outside year round. I’ve been fortunate never to have had to get an inside or desk job. I don’t think I would handle it well
Same occupation here. Where abouts are you located I've always wondered how much work and how much guys are making in other parts of the country.

I’m an environmental scientist in the private sector. The title is a nice flex but really I’m just a field tech that does some other shit.

Back