MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

What’s your occupation?

In addition to my normal job I spent 8 years as a volunteer fire fighter and 2 years as a part time on a paid department. Anyone else in volunteer/part time fire or EMS?

Most of my adult life as a civilian EMT and a couple of years ago got my I99 cert. Went through FF1 course. I was on the volunteer department in my little town, but always ended up getting toned out for medical calls and not fire. I finally resigned after my 3rd unresponsive child call in the meth apartments.

Last edited:
In addition to my normal job I spent 8 years as a volunteer fire fighter and 2 years as a part time on a paid department. Anyone else in volunteer/part time fire or EMS?
We have 10 full time Police/Firefighters, including myself. We are supplemented by 20 Volunteer firefighters that I oversee. They are a great group of guys that I enjoy working with. I have a lot of respect for all of them.

Same occupation here. Where abouts are you located I've always wondered how much work and how much guys are making in other parts of the country.

Northeastern Illinois now. Tons of work and wages are high I guess all considering

Environmental Engineer for a paper mill. I focus on air emissions but have been a certified wastewater treatment plant operator as well when I was doing double duty.

Structural Steel detailer (self-employed) in the commercial construction industry. I provide fabrication drawings (done on computer/CAD) for steel companies to build the heavy steel (I-beams, columns, girders, etc) and ship to site..... basically all the mainframe steel that ironworkers walk on.

Analyst for an energy company. Mainly involved on the natural gas side of things but occasionally the electric as well.

I build thin shell concrete storage. This one was on an island in the Caribbean.

Attachments

• 18F00C4E-83CB-4E35-BDED-7EE2FA3AD24D.jpeg
    18F00C4E-83CB-4E35-BDED-7EE2FA3AD24D.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 43

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jjoner
Back