Caribou Gear

What’s your occupation?

Not just me, it took a large crew of dedicated guys that know their craft. We still have most of them. It's key to keep talented folks to build homes like that one. They made my job easy. mtmuley

Are you a GC? That’s a beautiful home.

Was a Network & Security Engineer, started a business at the beginning of this year with my old CIO doing managed services with a focus on network security and compliance (PCI, HIPAA).

I'm leaning towards the same thing when I finish my military career.
I did my bachelors in Occupational Safety & Health (thanks Uncle Sam) and I'm finishing up my Masters in Safety Management (thanks again Uncle Sam).
It's a good career, civil service is the way to go, especially with military time. Depending on what flavor of S&H and agency you end up with, the career can take you to any location you really want. The civilian side of S&H are always looking vets and pay them well. If you want any info, just let me know.

Ag Lending...Grew up in an ag-heavy community so now get to work supporting a lot of the same kinds of people I grew up with, very rewarding.

Nope. I've worked for the GC for over 10 years. But that one is my baby more than most. I was the lead carpenter, PM and super. Ran the job and all the subs while hands on. A year and a half start to finish. As said, I had good people. mtmuley

Wow...that home is beautiful!!

I collect commercial loans. Investment real estate, business, ag, some SBA - it goes bad and I go get it.

The best part about it is when the next recession hits and everybody feels like crap because they lost all kinds of money in the market (myself included) and is worried about getting downsized (been there earlier in my career), I’ll have an excellent employment outlook.

Last edited:
I keep thinking the homeowners will call with a moose in the pool. Lots of them around the area. That house is a Smart Home. Everything can be controlled by internet. From anywhere. Even the swimming pool. Except the pool cover. Safety reasons. The sound system around the pool has 16 satellite speakers and two big subwoofers buried in the ground. A big TV in the screen porch with a barbeque area. Sorry, enough but it's a favorite that we have done. mtmuley
I'm always torn...fun working on projects like that, good money but........

Though being a student isnt my occupation, it's what I currently do. I stopped actively "working in my field" to finish my master's, which will be done in May, after which I will begin the process of looking to assemble a team to plant a church.

Attachments

• 20200301_194149.jpg
    20200301_194149.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 27
Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jjoner
Back