What's your muscle tonic after hauling elk quarters?

Scoutman

Someone posted a similar topic on another forum last week to offer a break in constant gear advice. So what's your celebratory as well as medicinal libation for a successful hunt? I'm a bourbon guy so Jim or Jack usually but like Buffalo Trace, Evan 1783 and Woodford Reserve also. What's yours?

I keep a plastic bottle of Blanton's on the trips for at camp before bed. After a long pack out I'll take a cold Alaskan Amber Ale.

Last year I brought along Buffalo Trace bourbon as my celebratory drink, unfortunately it turned into my consolation drink.

A mix of WapitiBob's ideal libation and several savory sips from my pack carry flask of "Jameson Rarest Vintage Reserve". Unfortunately, I've had one bottle of this the past 4 years. :W:

I quit drinking several years ago. I like just an ice cold water, and a good coffee as soon as I can get to a place that makes it for me. I can never make good campfire coffee...

A mix of WapitiBob's ideal libation and several savory sips from my pack carry flask of "Jameson Rarest Vintage Reserve". Unfortunately, I've had one bottle of this the past 4 years. :W:

I need to hunt with you :)

Cheap beer or good whiskey. Bloody Keystone Light for reference.

Attachments

• IMG_7461.jpg
    IMG_7461.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 639
Orally: water and beer or whisky...I'm normally pretty picky, but it's been scientifically proven the quality of cheap booze improves with an increase in miles hiked, pack weight and or elevation change.

Intravenously: a high dose of vitamin C, glutathione, magnesium, potassium and taurine.

Multiple IPAs are a near-instant cure for muscle soreness. Colorado and Washington offer inhalable celebratory herbal tonics. ;)

Attachments

• IPA.jpg
    IPA.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 641
This is a memorable one for me. Usually a cup of coffee is worth its weight in gold for me at the end of a day hunting.

Attachments

• IMG_0917.jpg
    IMG_0917.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 611

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
See65
Back