Whats your goals on Elk this year ?

Moosie

Grand poopa
I'm kicking around the Idea of buying a 2nd tag and hunting in a new location. Don't know about time but it's a thought. My goals are set on a nice 6 point bull or bust. Post what you think you're going to get then I'm going to revive this post and see how close you actually came.

My guess for me will be high at a 290" 6 Point ....

My goal is to draw my first (and likely only) Cali tag after 16 years of applying...if not, probably Oregon archery OTC and stick whatever shows up :eek:

I will be stuck with an otc muzzy tag this year, so any branch-antlered bull would be great.

Andy

This year I hope to draw a tag|oo |oo .. If I draw:eek: , then I'll worry about the elk..:D

:cool:

Depends on how the MT draw ends up, but my goal is to have some major elk hunting action, would like to get one with a bow/arrow (been 3 years), would probably not shoot one that isn't in that 330 or better size bracket.

like danrr my goal is to get a tag....I only put in for archery so if I get a tag in the units i put in for, I should have a great chance at 340+ bull.

I'm planning on MT & CO Wapiti hunts.

MT, a branched antler bull. This is my first time hunting MT, so I will have to see what I can find. If I see a Big Bull, I'll hold out until the end and see if I can arrow him. If I'm not successful during Bow Season. I'm planning on hunting them during rifle.

CO, a big fat cow as that's what I drew. I'm might purchase a OTC archery tag, if so any legal bull.:)

Any elk that comes close enough to my ATV area. I'm looking for a spike bull or year old cow, better eating then that 6X6 I ambushed last year.

Here in Washington where I have a rifle tag, I'll kave a good chance at a 320+ bull IF I draw a branch bull tag, and my pref points are 8 so I am pretty hopeful. Otherwise I'll kill the first spike bull I see.

In Idaho I will be hunting pretty much the whole month of September, first two weeks I'll be holding out for a 6x6, third week it will be a branch antler bull, last week of september It will be if it's brown its down time.

The plan is to be drawn for a tag....everything else is gravy after that.

Rember boys, there's a 350 class bull hiding behind every rock and tree in AZ so it should be a cake walk;)

My goal this year is that 320'ish 6x6 that come straight in last year staring right at me till he was 13 yds away then he hit my wind,but other than that any elk with a bow would do.
BBJ

My goal is to have both my son and step son draw youth cow tags. My boy shot his first elk last year and I can't wait for my stepson to catch the fever!

Washington Hunter said:
My goal is 200 lbs of boneless meat from a nice fat cow. (elk that is)

My goal is to pack out 100 pounds of elk meat............I doubt I'll draw a tag this year, but between WH and me we should draw at least one permit. So hopefully we can get one elk between us.

Back