What's your goal for 2013?

vman1959

Get your first elk , Improving on what you gotten in the past , or just being in the mts learning as much as you can?

Well for me gettin a bull elk would without a doubt be a plus ! But looking at it being in the mountains for 10+ days with my sons means more to me than anything since ya never know how long you can keep doin it.

I drew a "Once In A Lifetime" ND moose tag this year, most people go to their grave without drawing one of these tags. My goal for 2013 is to put it to good use and not waste it... It's an any moose/any weapon tag; I'll attempt an archery hunt in September, then use rifle season in October as a fall back.

Get my son his first bull elk. For myself, shoot a nice 4x4 muley, as I have spent most of my big game season the last few years chasing elk. I have passed on several smaller bucks, but haven't shot a nice buck for quite a few years.

A branch antlered bull would suit me just fine, unless I somehow manage to draw the tag I applied for, then I'll dream big.

Taking my 16yr old nephew on his first archery elk backpack hunt, thus my goal is to loos weight and get in much better shape! Going well so far.

Goals for 2013...good question, i often have plans, but don't set too many goals, if there is one it would be to give my boys as much time as possible in the outdoors with me, get the older lad used to shooting the .22 a bit more, have him along with me when i take a deer and have him part of the stalk and just ensure the boys are getting into the outdoors.

2014 i am thinking of doing a big road trip with the older boy to go hunt buffalo and i talked to him about it last night. Tow a boat and quad up north and get away from the rat race. He said he was keen but felt the desert sand might be a bit too hot for his feet...then he thought if he wears thongs he will be right, so it looks like we might be all go..bit of luck he can handle the 6.5x47 by then and loaded with the barnes it might be enough to get it done on some animals up north for him.

Taking my wife out to Nebraska on her first out of state deer hunt. The largest she has taken here at home is a 3X1 (4pt.eastern count) and out there it will have to be a 4X4 or better per reservation rules. I took a 140 class whitetail out there last season so I hope she does as good.

I want to help my daughter take her first critter first and foremost. THEN, I want to hammer a critter with my new Accubond Long Range lolad. mtmuley

If I draw the tags I want a 170"+ mulie and a 350"+ bull :) won't pass on anything 330" or bigger :)

Im putting all of my belongings in storage on september first and living out of my truck until I kill my first elk and fill the rest of my tags, then ill be moving back to washington. Should be an epic three month adventure.

1) First elk. Try again with bow, then rifle if that doesn't work out.

Seems more likely that I'll be packing elk for my friends and wife again though...I get no love from the elk gods, unless I'm not carrying a weapon.

2) First antelope. Never hunted them before.

Show my dad a good time while chasing antelope in Wyoming, which will be his first, and probably last, hunt out West and our first time hunting together since I left Virginia in 2007.

I want to get my first elk which I'm aided in drawing the highwoods rifle tag and to help
my wife get her first buck of anything.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back