What's your goal for 2013?

my overall goal every year is too get enough meat too fill the freezer so I don't have too buy meat, that means a decent big game season, a decent upland game season, and a good fishing season, so far the fishing has been unreal when we had ice, so I have a decent amount of perch, now its basically the off season, maybe alittle fishing,

now some personal goals would be too shoot my second elk "ever" and do it with my bow and have it be a branch antlered elk, got a spike last year with my bow for my first ever elk, shot a 2 point deer most years with my bow cuz of draw only for big bucks so hopefully this year I will draw a decent tag for my bow of coarse, and antelope well we will probably have 5 tags doe tags in wyoming and 2 here in Idaho, so if we shoot half of what tags we get we should be fine for the freezer, oh and I want my wife too get a good antelope with her bow, she has a couple of 5"er's but nothing big, she does have a big muley so she has got me beat there, and maybe next year we can talk about her getting a bull elk.... she's too lucky....
Matt

Spending 19 days living with the Elk ........ a bull with my bow will be a plus! If I can land a bear tag that would be nice to have in my pocket too.

Spend more time hunting with my father in Montana is goal number 1, thank you state of Montana/Montanans for the native come home to hunt tags. Since moving to Washington, him and I have had some good hunts, but it never seems enough for me as he ages. Maybe as I get older I realize he has as well.

To finally connect on a pronghorn with my bow, without sitting in a blind. Lots of close calls the last 5 years, hopefully this year is the year!

1. Take my nephews (age 15 and 16) to Canada for the first time! We're going on a remote canoe trip in northern ontario down the Albany river. They've had a rough year, so this will be good for all.

2. If the leftover tag Gods are good to us this year, my brother and I might take my nephews (same two as above) to Wyoming to hunt antelope in October.

3. Fill the freezer with tasty and healthy meat! I've finally got the wife eating pure ground venison in our spaghetti, tacos and sloppy joe's and despite last year's success the freezer supply is starting to go down quickly!

In no particular order...

Get new step-daughter several first critters (whitetail, squirrel, turkey...).
Get new wife first deer.
Get myself archery elk.
Experience another western backcountry adventure with great friends.
Become a better Christian.
Try to figure out why I dont like visors

I'm hoping to get my first elk this year not going to be picky. Also exited to take my dad and grandfather on there first antalope hunt.

1. Hopefully get a chance at a bear on my first black bear hunt in NW MT starting at the end of this week with my wife and cousin. (Hopefully the bears are out)

2. Draw my second choice antelope tag in WY and get a few decent goats with my wife and dad.

3. Bow and rifle deer hunting back home.

4. Also Waiting on a few long shot draws in MT and UT

Hunt, fish, ride horses and/or ski for over 110 days in a year. With my wife, daughters, son-in-laws, brothers, nieces, nephews, grand kids, friends and/or black lab! Stay healthy.

Well have gone over everything we a taking and checked the lists time and time again , probably do it a few more times to. Now just have to sit back and wait for that day to come. Just want to have a good time and enjoy the mountains.

This year i am looking forward to taking my little guy (2yr old) with me on a couple back country hikes. Also I am hoping to punch my tag on both a buck and branch antlered bull using my bow while enjoying the company of good friends at hunting camp. With any luck I hope to be able to call in some bulls for them as well.

I drew what is basically a "once in a lifetime" elk tag in Nevada and my goal is to make the most of it that I possibly can, hopefully with my 82 year old father along at camp.

After that, I will be taking my son and my ex-boss (72) on a cow elk hunt on the Vermejo Ranch in NM to hopefully get them both their first elk.

Somewhere in between, will be taking my ex-bosses grandson out to get his first deer (whitetail).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back