Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

What's your favorite thing on your reloading bench?

44hunter45

I have four things I don't know how I did without. One is Lee Factory Crimp dies. Second is my Ultimate Cannelure Tool, Third is my Chrony, Fourth the Lyman digital bore scope. Although I guess that last isn't so much a handloading tool as a gun care tool.
Interestingly, these are the only things on my bench that aren't RCBS green. The Quickload software isn't on my bench but I use it for every new load workup. I really want to move into a digital powder dispenser out always end up spending the money on something else.

RCBS Chargemaster.

I really want one of these but some of the Midway and MidSouth reviews have me nervous about it. How long have you had yours, FLS? Does it still hold calibration and dispense accurate loads? MidSouth Supply has the CM Lite for $219 right now.
If I have to spend a bunch of time keeping it calibrated, it doesn't really make my life easier. I use a RCBS Rangemaster 750 eScale now and manual trickler. I have to recalibrate about every ten charges or so. I sometimes thing my old 505 beam scale might be faster.

Q tips. I use them to lube the inside of the necks and to clean them after sizing.

In one of the old Speer manuals there is an article about a case life experiment with four 30-06 casings. Two were inside neck lubed, two were not. The outside only lubed cases split after 5 or so loadings, the inside lubed one never quit. They simply ended the experiment as they never failed. If I do not inside lube my 264WM cases I get neck splits after about four loadings.

My computer with touch screen monitor.
Quickload, Hunt Talk, Youtube, and load data at a touch!

Those of us that are not in Arizona in January have their laptop by the loading bench for DVD's, QL, etc. My internet is so crappy I would shoot the screen if I tried to watch OYOA streaming while I load.

I really want one of these but some of the Midway and MidSouth reviews have me nervous about it. How long have you had yours, FLS? Does it still hold calibration and dispense accurate loads? MidSouth Supply has the CM Lite for $219 right now.
If I have to spend a bunch of time keeping it calibrated, it doesn't really make my life easier. I use a RCBS Rangemaster 750 eScale now and manual trickler. I have to recalibrate about every ten charges or so. I sometimes thing my old 505 beam scale might be faster.
I’ve had mine about 5 years. I have no complaints. I use it to load hunting ammo and match ammo, and I expect my match ammo to have single digit extreme spreads. The only complaint I have is, it is slow. I did by an insert from MK Machine that has eleiminated the occasional overthrow. I know a lot of guys that use Chargemasters, and have for years, with no complaints other than speed. I’ve played around with the high dollar auto tricklers and the only advantage I see is speed. A friend of mine is a top ten PRS competitor and every single round he has ever shot was loaded using a Chargemaster. He actually runs two at a time to speed up the process.

You can reprogram the chargemaster to stop at a certain grain amount and save it as a certain number/cartridge.
The insert definitely helps also.
I also bought a cover for the unit and it helps keep dust off it which helps a lot.

ju
I’ve had mine about 5 years. I have no complaints. I use it to load hunting ammo and match ammo, and I expect my match ammo to have single digit extreme spreads. The only complaint I have is, it is slow. I did by an insert from MK Machine that has eleiminated the occasional overthrow. I know a lot of guys that use Chargemasters, and have for years, with no complaints other than speed. I’ve played around with the high dollar auto tricklers and the only advantage I see is speed. A friend of mine is a top ten PRS competitor and every single round he has ever shot was loaded using a Chargemaster. He actually runs two at a time to speed up the process.
Just pulled the trigger on this. Couldn't beat the price.

Also a fan of the chargemaster. Several years of use and no complaints. My insert is a McDonalds straw and works perfectly. Never get an over-throw.

yLjXcmx.jpg

Couple more favorites just because.

TB2iYq8.jpg

cNTGJ79.jpg

Wore this one out and RCBS sent new parts to replace free of charge.

AQumd7m.jpg

Also a fan of the chargemaster. Several years of use and no complaints. My insert is a McDonalds straw and works perfectly. Never get an over-throw.

yLjXcmx.jpg

Couple more favorites just because.

TB2iYq8.jpg

cNTGJ79.jpg

Wore this one out and RCBS sent new parts to replace free of charge.

AQumd7m.jpg

I tried one of those combo scale pan funnel jobs and hated it. I load a lot of LilGun, H110, AA Improved #2. I've never found a way to keep the static charge from causing the powder to stick to the funnel. Now if someone wanted to give me a metal one, I'd crack my wallet open.

I tried one of those combo scale pan funnel jobs and hated it. I load a lot of LilGun, H110, AA Improved #2. I've never found a way to keep the static charge from causing the powder to stick to the funnel. Now if someone wanted to give me a metal one, I'd crack my wallet open.

Interesting. Can't say I've ever had that issue. Try lining it with tinfoil or spray paint the pan?

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back