MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

What's your favorite thing on your reloading bench?

I've posted this picture before. This is my reloading bench where for the last 42 years I've loaded somewhere around 300,000 shotgun, rifle, and pistol shells. Everything on the bench has a specific purpose for something, and although I've used some things more than others (like I've reloaded far more 12 ga shotshells than .410 shells), I've used everything and I can't really say that anything on the bench would be my favorite.
CIuVDBPl.jpg

I've posted this picture before. This is my reloading bench where for the last 42 years I've loaded somewhere around 300,000 shotgun, rifle, and pistol shells. Everything on the bench has a specific purpose for something, and although I've used some things more than others (like I've reloaded far more 12 ga shotshells than .410 shells), I've used everything and I can't really say that anything on the bench would be my favorite.
CIuVDBPl.jpg
I wish I could be this organized. Given my tendency toward creating a mess, I've opted for a clean bench approach. only my three RBCS presses are permanently mounted. Everthing else is mounted to a plate which fastens to the bench while I need it, then goes back in storage.

I wish I could be this organized. Given my tendency toward creating a mess, I've opted for a clean bench approach. only my three RBCS presses are permanently mounted. Everthing else is mounted to a plate which fastens to the bench while I need it, then goes back in storage.
I see you are doing this with you Forster trimmer!

My bench only looked that clean for that picture. As I mainly reload 12 ga shotshells, stuff seems to grow in front of my 20 and 28 ga reloaders. In that pic, there is a Forster trimmer attached to the bench with a C-clamp. I also have a Lyman trimmer and a Lyman 450 lube and size press on plates that I attach to the bench with C-clamps.

Actually stuff seems to grow everywhere on my bench.:mad:(n)(n)

My favorite item that's not completely necessary is a sinclair concentricity gauge. I use it very frequently to tease out process induced reloading inaccuracies.
+1 here...I never knew how badly I was chasing problems by treating symptoms until I had one of these. I ended up buying the digital version because I got a screaming deal on it and gifted my dial gauge to a friend who needed it. I love being able to set zero and roll away. I'm not happy til I get zeros and .0005's, and I feel that it has cost me countless hours on die setup etc, but in the end that time has been anything but wasted.

BR-30 powder thrower for ball powders and short sticks. Digital scale for larger stick powders. Soooooo much better than the old beam scale.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back