MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

What's yer total?

location of kill
Maybe its paranoya but I will never ever record this for fear of someone at some point finding my notes. I will do my best to take my secrets to the grave. :censored:

I suppose it may be different if you hunt private land.

Maybe its paranoya but I will never ever record this for fear of someone at some point finding my notes. I will do my best to take my secrets to the grave. :censored:

if anyone can hack my google account they can freely feast on the specific locations of many 1.5 year old mule deer bucks for all i care

Back in the day, before computerized spread sheets, I knew a guy who had a big ledger book he kept track of every fish he ever caught. Date, time of day, type of fish, length, body of water, rod & real, line weight, the lure or fly or bait and weather conditions. Every detail he could think of was in that book. I figured all that record keeping made fishing more like work than like fun.

if anyone can hack my google account they can freely feast on the specific locations of many 1.5 year old mule deer bucks for all i care
No one could distinguish my actual good spots, from my "That looks like it's worth checking out" spots lol. That being said, spots are only good at certain points of the year! Animals and fish move quite a bit throughout the season!

I don't shoot doe & only take horns that'll euro the wall. I remember every horn on the walls of our home and office. One cow but the hunt was as vivid as the bulls. No logs.

you could really go to town with the data.

pack out distance
total distance hiked for animal
days hunted
location of kill
bullet and weight (i don't have this, don't care enough)
gun
scope
elevation of kill

i have the rest of those but would need to do some digging in onx and write down the days spent.

i don't really care about gun stats honestly. for me guns go bang and kill things as long as properly sighted in and familiarized with by the shooter. it's uninteresting data for me.
I kept track of miles per sheep, but also wrote a lot of stories, many posted here. Really should go back and write it down, and fill in the gaps. I wish I had a list or stories from my dad and grampa's of their expeditions and hunts. Even a small stat would be cool. You only remember the crazy ones like packing 42 elk out of the mountains one fall, or them killing 5 bull elk at one time all between 330 and 380. My grampa used to take super 8 films, he had them all put VHS, but I don't know where it ended up. Watching a film of a pack string with a B&C size moose was mesmerizing as a kid as much as it is now.

I kept track of miles per sheep, but also wrote a lot of stories, many posted here. Really should go back and write it down, and fill in the gaps. I wish I had a list or stories from my dad and grampa's of their expeditions and hunts. Even a small stat would be cool. You only remember the crazy ones like packing 42 elk out of the mountains one fall, or them killing 5 bull elk at one time all between 330 and 380. My grampa used to take super 8 films, he had them all put VHS, but I don't know where it ended up. Watching a film of a pack string with a B&C size moose was mesmerizing as a kid as much as it is now.

you're helping me realize there is much more utility to videoing hunts on cell phones and capturing the moments with pictures than just personal memories, gratification, and social media. that element of posterity is really something to be valued. if my kids and their kids don't care at least i'll have it for myself, but i suspect they will.

Soon as you get a few nice bulls under your belt your spots will become the target of others who can't think for themselves.

It is an interesting experiment. I think your residency plays a role too. I definitely killed more animals living in Wyoming than Colorado. Now I'm an Idaho resident so we'll see how that factors in. In WY, I could hunt ten minutes from my house and had crazy long seasons which led to more success. My average is probably a little over one per year. I've had one season since I started hunting ten years ago where I didn't shoot anything. I'd have to calculate, but probably a dozen or maybe a baker's big game animals. Big thanks to a few young mule deer bucks that have saved some seasons!

It is an interesting experiment. I think your residency plays a role too. I definitely killed more animals living in Wyoming than Colorado. Now I'm an Idaho resident so we'll see how that factors in. In WY, I could hunt ten minutes from my house and had crazy long seasons which led to more success. My average is probably a little over one per year. I've had one season since I started hunting ten years ago where I didn't shoot anything. I'd have to calculate, but probably a dozen or maybe a baker's big game animals. Big thanks to a few young mule deer bucks that have saved some seasons!

funny thing is my cow tipped me back in favor of wyoming, 6 to 5.

if people don't think wyoming is still great and honestly still decently generous opportunity for NRs, they ain't looking very hard.

I can count elk and other "big" animals up pretty quickly. Pretty sure I could come up with a good count on pronghorn as well as mule deer and whitetail bucks. I have most of the antlers for them around. Predators would be almost doable for me. Pretty easy to count the bears I've shot. Bobcats is easy, I could probably get within a couple on coyotes, raccoons would be a big number but I could get pretty close. Not sure I could guess within 10 the number of pigs I've killed.

Worse yet when they actually tell you they look for where you park
This happens during fishing season for me. Have to switch trucks occasionally to keep the stalkers on their toes :ROFLMAO: Also, NEVER put a logo on your boat. Makes it to easy to distinguish from a distance. People can be driving by at 30mph, then whip over to get close and mark a waypoint, or try fishing in your lap. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back