Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

What's up with Texans in the GYE?

flatcoat

Seems like the only population rising faster than G Bears is Texans. But seriously, in the last 12 months the number of Texans has gone nuts. I assumed it was just my slice of East Idaho as a schwanky country club community was gobbled up by some rich equity folks from TX who seem to be doing well on real estate in their circles. But drive through the parks, Jackson, Paradise Valley, Bozeman, Cody, Idaho Falls etc etc etc its nothing but Texas plates and accents. What gives? Are these new property owners or simply vacationers? It started prior to covid popping but I'm sure that's accelerated it. I'm passing no judgement, just observing the exponential growth of Texans and have yet to hear an explanation of it.

We got a huge influx in this county of texicans in the last couple years. Locals talk of the cali-commies coming. But I've seen few CA plates. Texas plates everywhere in the few subdivisions.
Chips & ice cream last a day at the local store. Proof it's texicans...lol
Still waiting to see a hottie. Do they exist?

We’ve had a fair few lock off public roads and easements because they’re not used to the concepts.
Yes sir, you leave gates like you found 'em.
Definitely a different lifestyle than Tejas.
We DO tend to be protective of our property! 😠 ...but we can be friendly too.

Over 70 years, I've learned that A. Sholes can be found in any state, city, age, race, business, job, income level, etc. No state holds an exclusion to be an A. Shole!

We have Texans in our country. Not sure if they will adapt. We have already had the local fire dept council them on fire judgement. This March they tol us spring was in March and seemed shocked when we told them at this elevation, spring is in June. I have a spot on my place where I can check up on them occasionally. I think 3/4 of a mile is as close to them as I need to be. You can tell a Texan but not much.

Muley - you've had californians since I went school in Missoula. Have the natives learned to live with them Or have they adapted to the locals. The ones in the lower Clark Fork ruined the local culture and its still going downhill.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScatterGunHamilton
Back