Whats up with Eastmans' Hunting Journal?

All the good guys they had have headed for greener pastures! Some have said that the Eastmans have big heads and aren't that easy to get along with. All I know is the entire staff of good people are gone and I can't believe they (Eastmans) won't suffer from it.

I know I am letting my subscription go as there is just no good content left anymore. Just stories of other hunters trips. Not too informative. No real reason to renew.

That's funny because that's the main reason I get both of their magazines to see all the animals a lot of guys are taking on mainly DIY hunts.

That's funny because that's the main reason I get both of their magazines to see all the animals a lot of guys are taking on mainly DIY hunts.

Not DIY, but the Eastman way LOL!!!! :D

I wish Mike Eastman would put up and do a DIY elk hunt in Colorado instead of rifle hunting the rut on the Hill Ranch. He claims to be the greatest and everything you need to know about hunting public land elk is in his book. Well...show us I say

Thats why I watch OYOA TV

A buddy and I were planning on burning our max elk points next year in Wyoming. I just got an e-mail notice from Eastmans yesterday. They were making everyone aware that the application deadline was yesterday. They also listed the unit I was planning on hunting, as a hotspot. Great, It'll take me 20 yrs. to maybe, get that tag now. What a bunch of bums. I hope they fold up, and go under.:D

On a side note I really do love the programs that they have especially hunting mulies in the high country. I really think they know how to get it done when it comes to hunting those buggers.

cur dog---I don't know whether you meant to say you wanted to hunt Wyoming next Fall (2012) or next year (2013) like you stated, but if you want to hunt this coming Fall (2102) you have until 5PM Mountain time TODAY to go online and file your application, so I have no idea what the deal is with the email you say you got!

Last edited:
30-06, Next year, 2013.
I guess it was sent out to their members, or people who signed up for their news e-mails.

I got a free trial subscription recently, I thought the research section in the back was informative. However, they would be well served to hire somebody proofread the magazine. I'm certainly not perfect and I guess it's just a pet peeve of mine, but I mean I don't think it's too much to ask for publications to be thoroughly proofread.

However, they would be well served to hire somebody proofread the magazine. I'm certainly not perfect and I guess it's just a pet peeve of mine, but I mean I don't think it's too much to ask for publications to be thoroughly proofread.

That's my biggest complain lately. Apparently with all the new staff they're not hiring anybody who actually knows how to edit. There's a grammar mistake or a word misspelled in EVERY story.

The only reason I buy the magazine is to read the stories while I'm on the porcelain throne. I think it's a heck of a way to make money letting out all the secrets. Almost against mountain code....but I do get the magazine. When I get this new job I'll probably be jumping ship too over to all the new "elk only" mags! :)

Jwill---Glad you mentioned it because I'm always commenting to my wife how these magazines, especially Eastmans, have terrible mispelling and incorrect word usage. Also, listening to the way some of these guys and gals on the TV shows use the English language (Mike Eastman, in particular, is terrible) makes me wonder if they passed "kiddygarten", LOL!!!

"The first family of western trophy hunting".....I always thought that was pretty arrogant.

Another thing I always hated was the way they called extra points on antlers, "trash". Really? I always though trash was smelly, annoying and something you didn't want around....

Ok, so that was THE Nate Simmons on the Extreme Elk staff as in Nate Simmons from Eastmans? I knew something was up when I saw that.

Just so we're all clear, Ben says that Lindsey Lohan is on staff at Eastmans?

Or am I confused??? :cool:

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back