Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Whats the worst job you have ever had

Not a bad deal until one afternoon, I (the rookie) was knee deep in raw sewage watching everything from used condoms to used plugs (and everything else you can imagine that gets flushed down a toilet)...float by just underneath by knee high boots !! :eek:

I work in the office of a plumbing service company. A guy there once told me a funny observation:

You can have a bunch of plumbers all standing in ankle deep sewage and no one says anything until they hear someone fart, then they all clear the room:eek:

Without a doubt it was working for my grandpa on his farms.It wasnt turnning the endless acres of hay windrows with a pitch for or cutting weeds along miles of fence lines all day long that botherd me.It was all the screaming and yelling he did at me and my brothers.He yelled at us more than our own dad ever has.As much as I care for old grandpa he wasnt a man you wanted to work for.

I worked for a company that did post mortum cleanup. It was pretty ugly at times. It is amazing what a human body can do to a place if left untreated in the heat. Made geat money but saw some pretty nasty things.

Grew up on a tobacco farm and about the age of 11 became a full time harvester "cropper", we were called, and you spent your 14 hour day bent over breaking off tobacco leaves, stacking them in a crate pulled by a mule which launched enough methane to make eastern Wyoming jealous. You were there with the sweat running into your eyes and nothing to wipe it with save your sweat drenched t-shirt or the back of your hand which was covered in a layer of sticky black gum off the tobacco leaves. I could go on for some time about this, but take it on good authority that you'll be hard pressed to find a harder or more miserable job. When I hit the jungle environment of SEA I thought I was in Heaven.

As far as Conditions go, it was buying, unhitching, and dragging out Mobile Home axels. Hot, sweaty, dirty, stinky, bugs, rats, snakes, Heavy mess ....for $10 a pop

Now as far as just a Sh!tty atmosphere and plain stress being a Fast Food Manager tops 'em all ! It's HS kids with no experience (nor ethic), or workforce rejects that can't find anything better (cuz they don't deserve better). Customers !!!!

"I'm sooooooooo sorry M'am. What's that? You only got one pickle on yer freakin' $0.59 cheeseburger" !

OMG !!!!!!! One Pickle !!! How could that possibly happen !!

Excuse me for just a moment while I go in the back and Flog a child .......

They got me

I was 14YO working in a gas station. Greasing cars, pumping gas etc. So here come's a 1954 Ford with the new ball joint suspension. the boss says gosh I haven't ordered any "elbow grease " Walk over to the bulk plant and get a can. In the mean time he calls the plant to set it up. I get there and the guy says something like "wait a minute I need to get a sky hook " to get a can off the top. Then it hit me

The dirtiest job I ever had was working on the Dave Johnson power plant outside Glenrock,Wyo. for a summer. It's a coal burning plant and the place I lived had no shower, just a bath. We were on a cost plus job so we were working 7 10's. I was never clean the entire summer. The job I hated most was a cement pipe factory. Pipe was steam cured overnight in rooms designed to hold the heat. We had to knock metal pallets off the pipe, roll them onto a pressure tester and then lay them down for a lift to take them out to the yard. In the summer, you looked forward to getting out in the 100 degree heat to "cool down". You couldn't drink enough water on that job. Both jobs provided plenty of incentive to stay in school.

Worked in a Redwood sawmill for 14 years. The worst day, 5 guys pulled 510,000 brd ft in a 10 hr shift! When they said you were going to work a 10 hr shift they didn't lie!!

My parents owned a bar in Prescott, AZ when I was a kid--never got a legal drink in the place. From ages 12-15, I got assigned the duty of sorting all of the empty bottles and aluminum cans for recycling. During 4th of July weekend, they'd go through thousands of beers in a day. After the holiday (where I was a pooper scooper in the parade) I had to fetch the bags from the dank, stinky basement. Nothing like wading thru ripped plastic bags of stale beer and cigarette butts for hours on end,sorting the bottles by color and boxing them, then tossing them in the truck and hauling them to the recycle plant. Made pretty good dough, though.

2nd worst was bussing tables as a 14 year old at a Chinese restaurant where the cooks killed roaches with their bare hands and kept cooking with bug juice on them. They kept live turtles in 5 gallon buckets in the kitchen for turtle soup. Quit that job when they wouldn't give me time off for a deer hunt to the Kaibab.

Poured concrete 1 summer when I was 18. Getting lime in my eyes, having concrete up my nose and in my hair, plus feeling old and all used up by 6pm (while all my friends were partying every night) made me sure I wanted to go to college.;)

Now as far as just a Sh!tty atmosphere and plain stress being a Fast Food Manager tops 'em all ! It's HS kids with no experience (nor ethic), or workforce rejects that can't find anything better (cuz they don't deserve better). Customers !!!!

"I'm sooooooooo sorry M'am. What's that? You only got one pickle on yer freakin' $0.59 cheeseburger" !

OMG !!!!!!! One Pickle !!! How could that possibly happen !!

Excuse me for just a moment while I go in the back and Flog a child .......

Food service is a miserable way to make a paycheck. I worked in both a concession stand at a movie theater, and a snack bar at a bowling alley. It's not so much the work as it is the customers, like you said.

I'm with gunner, worst job ever was fast food management, dirtiest is what I do now, I drive a pump truck, think septic pumper, but for industrial/automotive waste, I never come into the house in work clothes.

When I was a chip truck driver worked pretty much 6 days a week for 3 years and had to be available whenever they called per union agreement. had to show up on 2 hour notice dayor nite. be available for call 7 days a week that paid well but sucked bad

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otto247
Back